How often?

Just curious how often other couples have sex (hetero or not) I'm just interested since no one ever seems to talk about it unless they aren't having any! I also feel uncomfortable just asking my friends how often they do it, might think I'm a pervo!

I read this article that something crazy like 75% of marriages are sex-less?! how can this be true!?

There's another thread like this that might help you, can't remember where though.

It all depends on the couple and their wants/needs. When my girlfriend and I did have sex it was maybe 2-5 times a week.

I've heard the same thing about sexless marriages, probably a number of reasons why though.

For us, it's at least once a day, sometimes 2 or 3 on weekends.

And this is coming from someone who used to be happy going a month or more in a previous relationship, as there were other issues and a helluva lot less chemistry.

So it can definitely vary widely, even with the same person.

My lover and I have sex as much as possible. We don't see each other every day... heck sometimes we go over a week without seeing each other! (We live about an hour apart.) When we do have sex there's at least 3 or 4 rounds. I'm getting it more regularly now than when I was married. With the exception of our honeymoon when we got it on a couple of times a day, I can count the number of times we had sex. (As it turns out, he was having it much more frequently than I was.)

I wish we could have sex more often, but I'd rather have mind-blowing sex less often than ho-hum sex every day.

Generally 2-5 times per week, thanks to her stupid job. Back when she was still a student, it was more like 6-12 times per week...*sigh*

As far as sexless marriages go, married people actually ON AVERAGE have more sex than un-married people as a whole, and married women are more likely than other groups of women to consistently have an orgasm (Human Sexuality: Diversity in Contemporary America, 5th Ed. Strong et al. 2005).

• 1 year later...

For the past 14 months that I been having sex it varies. Even when I lost my virginity to my boyfriend we did it maybe 3 - 6 times a week, it was different weekly. I can't remember when our sex life kept going down, months ago. There were a couple months where we only had sex once and yes we live together, so it would seem as though something is wrong. As of 3 months ago, we would every so many days, roughly on average its been 4 - 6 times a month as of recent.

There have been a lot of factors, but lately I have hated sex anyways, I never get off anymore from it, and he is lucky to last 2 minutes anyways.

I am so jealous of the people getting it daily or even 3 - 5 times a week

we have sex whenever we can - but for me its just not enough we both still live with our parents, his mum doesnt know, mine does but doesnt want me to have sex in the house (i think it kinda scares her) and we just do it in his car (yes i know very high school but its all we can really do). when we are away GREAT but thats NEVER...so yea not often at all twice a week?

Regarding sexless marriages, I know for a fact 3 couples/friends are sexless for more than 2 years. One is en route to a divorce, the other 2 have settled into "roomates" mode. These are 40 - early 50 year olds, with 20 years together, give or take.

In our marriage, it was "catch can". When my son attended a Birthday party, or a sleepover, or an afternoon get home early quickie. But we tried to keep it going...pure bliss when it happened!

I'm not surprised by the statistic on sexless marriages. Sex is something that's very intimate, exposed, makes you vulnerable. If you've fallen out of love with each other or have lost trust in each other, sex would be quite uncomfortable, to say the least.

We do it whenever we can (read: whenever the baby is sleeping and we're both awake!) Not that you guys want to know this or anything, but we just had a quicky on the sofa - 4pm. We take it when we can get it. Anywhere from 2-5 times a week, I guess.

depends on the people, how well matched they are sexually and the chemisty etc... i was happy with once a week with my ex (and i thought at the time it was good with him) but i am so better matched to my boyfriend now it is amazing..everytime! And he is so amazing we cannot keep our hand off each other lol...

...of course it tends to go down the longer u are together it is important to keep making efforts and taking time with your partner x

I'm in "sexless" relationship that I'm too chickens*** to leave.

We have a large age gap, he financially supports me (I'm finishing University and volunteer where I hope to work) and is a semi -known celebrity.

Each one comes with it's own pile of complications.

In one previous relationship I cut down an ex who had been with his Fiancee for a year without being intimate...I couldn't fathom how that could ever happen...In a perfect world and with some one who is on the same "level" as me...5 times a week would be great...Now, we don't even average that yearly.

Sorry, off topic...but yeah, I'm in that sad 75% who needs to get out of their passionless relationship.

...I read this article that something crazy like 75% of marriages are sex-less?! how can this be true!?

I've heard from almost all my married friends that sex stops a couple years into a marriage. That's one of the reasons I'm scared of marriage. I've barely started to experience sexual things; I'm not ready for it to end. haha.

It could be due to a lot of married couples having children a few years in and they stop having sex so they can sleep or whatever. haha I dunno.