At least I.....

Hey people,

Yep, we are feeling pretty rough these days. I know I am.

Christmas, New Years.....yeah.

Sooooo.....I thought it would be a healthy thing to look at the good side of our break up.

We need a pick-me-up thread here.

EVERYONE should participate!

Lighten the load!

Lets see what we can come up with.

At least I.......

....don't have to buy a present for her.

....don't have to wonder if she's going to break up with me....she did already!

....have this forum to write thoughts in.

...get to spend Christmas alone.

...get to miss her...Err, oh wait, wrong thread...;-)

I meant...

...don't have to worry about saying the wrong thing.

...don't have to worry about her getting on me for no reason.

...don't have to sit through her talking to her ex or be wrapped up in any drama...

Um, this is supposed to make me feel better, right?

At least I...

...know that pining and whining to the girl is not doing me any good.

...have enjoyed reading posts on this thread.

...have come to the conclusion that if I screw up NC, I'd better be funny and have SOMETHING to say.

...can pass gas under the covers....loudly.

At least I...

... can hang out with my "imperfect" friends again

... dont have to be told that I am a burden anymore for not being handed wealth like she was

... dont have to make excuses for why I want to have a relationship with my half-sister and her mother

... dont have to answer the question "is she prettier than me?" for every client, colleague or adversary I deal with at work

... dont have to worry about getting her a spectacular gift to top last year's (I thought for 11 months about that - no more!!!)

... am starting to be able to block out all of the ugliness, lies, betrayal and deceit of the past 6 weeks and start to remember that I had a great run with someone who has changed my life in so many ways for the better - without having to retain any of her current toxicity

At least I...

... can hang out with my "imperfect" friends again

... dont have to be told that I am a burden anymore for not being handed wealth like she was

... dont have to make excuses for why I want to have a relationship with my half-sister and her mother

... dont have to answer the question "is she prettier than me?" for every client, colleague or adversary I deal with at work

... dont have to worry about getting her a spectacular gift to top last year's (I thought for 11 months about that - no more!!!)

... am starting to be able to block out all of the ugliness, lies, betrayal and deceit of the past 6 weeks and start to remember that I had a great run with someone who has changed my life in so many ways for the better - without having to retain any of her current toxicity

Fine post. My thoughts exactly after getting out of a nearly 7 year relationship with my gf. After almost 7 weeks I am starting to see more happiness getting out of it than sadness...well, maybe that's not true yet but heading that way.

PC

At least we...

...have kindred souls to explore our feelings with in a healthy manner rather than burying ourselves in booze, self sabotage and feeling avoidance... for this, those of us who have found MajorD, SuperDave, Annie, Ellie and each other are very lucky.

... know that there are others going through the exact same thing we are, that the universe has not singled us out for damnation...and that with a little help from friends and positivity - we will be better off (despite how trite the sentiment and how crappy we may feel right now)

....don't have to hear her say she feels "entrenched" in a relationship.

....don't have to hear her tell me she feels a small amount of pressure to get back with me, since...you know....we were talking about marriage.

....don't have to hear her tell me that things she does or decisions she makes do not concern me.

....don't have to hear her complain about what a jerk her ex is.

....don't have to hear her tell me about her boring day at work.

....don't have to listen to sigh at me in the phone.

....don't have to worry about moving to be with her.

....don't have to find a new job there.

....don't have to wonder when I will hear from her again.

....don't have to wonder how many times she will want to visit next year.

....don't have to wonder if her crazy ex will come after me, or keep trying to get her back.

....don't have to help raise her kids.

At least I...

...won't have to be intimidated by his snobby and pretentious family

...won't have to be the one making all the decisions because he can't be bothered to

...won't have to spend another night at his house overpopulated with scary rommates

...won't have to wonder what he is thinking all the time

...won't have to deal with his need to be the centre of attention

...won't have to worry about him going out of control when drinking