Why they cheated.....

annie24

I don't really understand why the reasons would be different depending on the gender, although there were a few reasons that seemed to be the same for both.

Bottom line, I think people cheat because they've checked out from the relationship, or they're blindsided by a "weak" moment.

I think men cheat because it makes them feel like society's perception of what a man is. Cheating makes them feel alive when they are in a rut. It is rare when the average guy gets offered sex so its something that he probably is not going to turn down.

That is exactly what I was going to say.

Unless a woman is downright atrocious, she is going to live her life having men approach her, hit on her, make passes on her, try to be overfriendly, want to get with her etc...

A guy's life just doesn't work that way. You get it sometimes but it's not like a common thing because so many women don't want to approach guy. So when you DO get a full court press from a woman, it's such an ego boost.

Heck, a couple of weeks ago at the gym, some woman who I have chatted with (about working out) at the gym from time to time found a way to give me her phone number. I took it and went home and tossed it. It was a HUGGGGGGGGGGGGE ego boost of course. Now if the situation was different like lets say a different place, it would have been much tougher to not see where it was headed.

I remember one time, after I saw this girl very briefly in a bar, I went accross the street to wait on line for the restroom at this pizza place. Same girl I saw was on line behind me and she was on me like glue. Before I reached the bathroom, we were kinda messing around and she went in with me into the bathroom lol. Well, some stuff happened in there. That kind of thing just doesn't happen often so if it were to happen now again, that I am with my g/f, that would be VERY hard to turn down, though I think my conscience would step up.

it sounds like any of those reasons could be applied to men or women, so an artificial distinction between the reasons of men vs. women cheating... and yeah, cheating is always smarmy, whatever the excuse they give for doing it. these all sound like *excuses* for cheating, but there is really no excuse, just break up first before you break someone's heart even worse by cheating.