Thoughts of Ex Being With Someone Else

I'll make this comment short.

I had a frightful thought about my ex fiance today. He's very good looking and women have the tendency of handing him their phone numbers. Even though he was convinced to stay away from relationships for a very long time, I imagined him having casual flirting/sex with someone else. OUCH!

But then I realized that it's safer for me to think about these things now that we're no longer together than to have these crazy thoughts everyday while we were a couple. Sure it hurts to think about it but it's not my concern anymore. Anyway he's the ultimate jealous type so I know he has already imagined me being with someone else - his mind has driven him off the edge!

That's all.

I just try not to think about it mostly unless I am missing her and then I think about it and get very negitive feeling torwards her. I already know way more than I want to. It is getting better a little bit at a time though and I am sure eventually I wont care or get angry about it at all. Cant wait for that day.

How odd this thread came up tonight, for some reason today I have been thinking about the ex being intimate with her new b/f. It's still really bothers me, and it's been over 4 months since the break, with 2 months of NC. I was her first partner, so that prob has something to do with it. When will these thoughts stop? I've been trying to let things go, but Ughhh!!! ](*,)

I just try not to think about it mostly unless I am missing her and then I think about it and get very negitive feeling torwards her. I already know way more than I want to. It is getting better a little bit at a time though and I am sure eventually I wont care or get angry about it at all. Cant wait for that day.

yes i cant wait for that day.. when i just dont care anymore!!

• 1 year later...

This would have killed me before, but now I actually feel sorry for her or whoever she will be... poor girl. She'll probably be younger than him too so she'll be completely charmed by his chivalry for a couple of months and the BAM get hit in the face by a truck carrying all his emotional baggage :splat: