I don't know if there's a proper name but this, but I hear them called eye floaters. I have one in my right eye. Basically it's a piece of debris floating around in the vitreous humor. Well... it SUCKS. Whenever I am reading a book or in a bright room (my school's classrooms have white walls and dry erase boards which make it worse) this gray smudge follows every movement of my eye. It's incredibly annoying. I've had it for over a year now. Some days aren't so bad, I guess because sometimes it's just in another part of my eye and I can't see it. Anybody have something like this? What should I do about it? Live with it, or is there treatment?

Thanks.

You need to see an eye doctor. They need to take a look at your eye structure to see whether this is something that can be repaired.

But don't wait. You don't want to end up seeing a doctor and having them go "Gee if you'd have come in sooner we could have fixed this".

I've had the same thing for about 7 years now. I only really notce it when i'm reading a book. I went to my doc, he took a look and said its nothing to worry about, just a annoyance that's not worth doing anything about.

Doesn't mean that you still shouldn't go. Just cause it's not an issue for me doesn't mean it can't be for you.

Its normal however sometimes the causes for this can have diseases related to them, but usually this only happens when you activly have real problems or an eye injury. The doctor said it was nothing to worry about because it most likely isn't something to worry about, if you are still concerned you can see an eye doctor or for more information about eye floaters. link removed

I recently went to an eye doctor because I suffer from intense flurries of floaters, known as Visual Snow.

Like this-

link removed

had it on/off for years, scared the ever-lovin' outta me!

But I have nothing wrong with my brain or my eyes, an MRI, an EEG and an eye doctor exam all says so. I'm just a bit of a freak. It's comforting to know even weird stuff doesn't mean you're very sick though?