Will I ever find what I'm looking for

I guess I just need to have someone tell me that there's hope.

Here's the brief rundown of my life this past year:

I left my emotionally abusive, cheating husband, filed for divorce and got a divorce.

I started dating, but just casually at first. I thought I was ok with being single for the rest of my life. I had fun dating different guys and not getting attached.

A few months ago I met a man who I could see myself with for a very long time. At this point, I have to admit to myself that we weren't meant to be. Before I met him, I was convinced I'd spend my life alone. I don't want to be alone. I want a husband who adores me and a family of my own.

I have good friends and family who love and support me. But I want that deeper connection with someone.

Could someone please tell me that I won't feel like this forever? That there's hope that I'll still find what I'm looking for.

sorry to hear about your relationship

I have good friends and family too...and I too hope I meet someone..

it may happen... but no one here can tell you you will meet someone.. Some people never will.. Many friends of my mothers are in thier 60's and would have liked to meet someone but they never did.

I may never meet anyone either.. sometimes we have to work at it... and I think its really hard to meet people and then finding the 'one'... ha...

Maybe focus more on being happy by being alone...and then you will emit a more positive vibe to those around you.

No one wants someone who needs someone

Yes, there's still hope!

Remember this: For the past year, you were happy being single. It's not like you have been looking for a year and can't find anyone.

I only dated for the past 3 years. For the most part, I was happy with that. I never felt "lonely" or like I needed to be in a serious relationship. I was busy with my children, family, and friends. But then I decided I "wanted" to be in a relationship. After I opened my heart, I found someone.

You will too!

Well that's an optimistic way of looking at it.... ?

I choose to believe and sincerely do - that there is someone out there for everyone. Maybe soul searching needs to be done, maybe self evaluation, maybe standards and expectations need to be reviewed, maybe self confidence, etc etc etc. But there are TOO many people in this world to think pessimistically and to determine that reality is, You could be single forever.

Well that's an optimistic way of looking at it.... ?

I choose to believe and sincerely do - that there is someone out there for everyone. Maybe soul searching needs to be done, maybe self evaluation, maybe standards and expectations need to be reviewed, maybe self confidence, etc etc etc. But there are TOO many people in this world to think pessimistically and to determine that reality is, You could be single forever.

its not about being optomistic, its about reality... I know plenty of women in their sixties... who were lovely kind confidentpeople, who WANTED to meet someone... but they never did...

surely you've seen older single people before... who things just havent' turned out for them like that?

I don't personally know many people that are older and alone.

Moreso, I see people in successful relationships. People that find someone that they love and plan to spend the rest of their lives together.

While thinking about this, I wonder if there are any statistics. Statistics that say what the percentage of unmarried people are in our population. Hhmmm

Library,

It's easy become upset, frustrated, and worried when you're emotionally down. Often times, people think, "my life is going to be like this, forever!"

This simply is not true. There are some really good people in the world believe it or not - there are men who won't cheat, men who are family-oriented, and men who will respect you. Conversely, there are men who will sleep around, men who will have children with multiple women while deceiving each of them and men who don't respect themselves.

Don't ever think you're trapped or that you don't have a choice. Just because there may not be your ideal person on the horizon right now doesn't mean that you won't meet someone who more closely aligns with your ideal mate down the road.

why would you say that sometimes we dont find people shikashika and that is just the way it is - are you crazy? this board is to make people feel better about themselves - if

people on this site need to feel strong again and your negativity is not welcomed - to be honest if you try to meet others enivitabley you will and if they arent the ones then you just move on - love and marriage is a choice whatever one may say if it wasnt how mcome we love some more then others and marry others and not all the ones we fall inlove with -

Be strong you will be lving the life you want again

its not about being optomistic, its about reality... I know plenty of women in their sixties... who were lovely kind confidentpeople, who WANTED to meet someone... but they never did...

surely you've seen older single people before... who things just havent' turned out for them like that?

I really don't know too many older women who never married. Most of them are just widows as they married someone a lot older and they croaked first.