THONGS/G-STRINGS ::: Why are they such a hit?!

Yes i wear thongs prob 80% of the time and yes they are needed with certain clothing as to not have any panty lines. I agree whole heartedly that it looks AWFUL when they are stickin far out of your low riding jeans. Not a fan of that at all. I wear low riders and mine never pop out. I do not wear them exclusively, I also love boy cut and only wear the VS low cut bikini briefs when I work out. Honestly when I go to the gym I always pack the extra panties cuz their is nothin worse then running with a thong on!!!

I also love boy cut and only wear the VS low cut bikini briefs when I work out. Honestly when I go to the gym I always pack the extra panties cuz their is nothin worse then running with a thong on!!!

Me too! There really is nothing worse to wear when working out than a thong. In fact, this is gross, but I'm going to be blunt: one of friend's once complained that she got a blister on her butt crack from exercising in a thong. I guess she ran a few miles and then did some lateral pull-downs while sitting on a weight bench after that. All the rubbing and chafing of the thong caused her to get a blister (like you would on your foot if you walked alot a new pair of shoes without socks).

I dont know how she could be comfortable working out in it to begin with- but all I can say about that blister scenerio is OUCH! :shocked!:

BellaDonna

"... she got a blister on her butt crack from exercising in a thong. All the rubbing and chafing of the thong caused her to get a blister"

UHHHHH!!!! AAAAHHH!!!!

OUUUUUUCH!!!!

YIKEEEEEEEEESS!

What the hell?!?!?!

That's what im talking about... if running with a thong is like super unconfortable, walking with one HAS TO BE SOMEWHAT UNCOMFORTABLE as well.

All the panty line thing for me is just shallow. I rather have panty lines than a piece of cloth stucked in the crack. All the time.

About the whale tail thing, I think Gwen Stefani looked hot with hers in that "Bathwather" video.

• 3 months later...
I personally, think underwear is supposed to be comfortable and functional, and work as a boundary between ur privates and the exterior clothing. I think thongs are a sexy outfit basically to make out for a while and take off before intercourse... so I don't understand how can some people hang around with a piece of cloth stucked in the crack all day long... when noone even really sees how smoking hot is it... but that's me.

Now, the naked thruth ladies and gentlemen:

• Do you find them comfy and appealing?
  • Do you wear them? Yes (when) or no, and why.

I find them appealing. And I don't find them uncomfortable. I don't even notice that they're there. I wear them every day unless I wear booty shorts, which i absolutely love too[and actually booty shorts give me more of a wedgie than thongs/g-strings.]. I wear them because, like others have said, they dont show. Also, I just like wearing them better than, say, granny panties.

Once I tried one I never went back. No more needing to pluck my undies out of my bum when I walked, and oddly enough I don't even feel the g-string. No knowledge it's there. I think that the g-string is a fabulous invention and I rue the years I never tried one because I assumed they were uncomfortable.

Yes, they are also great for wearing pants, skirts etc where there would otherwise be a panty line. Nothing to do with trying to be sexy, and I too hate the g-string above the jeans look.

I'm not sure why they would be uncomfortable unless you have the wrong cut or size. But each to their own.

I always wear them, and find them to be very comfortable! I guess it's just from years of wearing them.

I cannot imagine wearing regular undies on a regular basis. I don't think I even own a pair of regular undies aside from my work-out undies.

Even though no one sees them when they're under my clothes, they still make me feel sexy sometimes.

I find boyshorts to be so uncomfortable. The shape of my butt allows them to ride up my crack for some reason.

I mostly wear regular low rise bikini type undies, or a seamless g-string if you can see regular undies through my pants (or if I have a hot date). I don't find G-strings to be uncomfortable, as long as they are made of cotton and aren't too tight.

I only wear thongs and boyshorts. Nothing with tight elastics. When you wear 'regular' underwear, with the elastic cutting accross your butt, you will eventually get a perma-dent in that shape. A dimply, cellulity, perma-dent. For proof, go to any gym and check out the naked women. I want my butt to stay nice and round, thank you very much.

There's also nothing worse than a panty-line showing through your jeans, pants or skirt.

Thongs are the best invention since bottled water.