Want to make my gf my finace... hints?

Hey all, um, I've been with my girlfriend for 7 months on the 9th sept and I love her so much. I know that she's the one; my true love. I can see myself growing old with her. I can see myself having children with her and making a life with her. She's amazing.

I've put an engagement ring on layby for her but I'm just a little stuck for how to ask her to marry me

I was thinking that at Christmas time we're going to Kangaroo Island (for internationals it's off the coast of southern australia) and maybe we could go for a walk along the beach on Christmas eve and then ask her if she wants one of her presents early. I'm just not sure if that's too corny or what if she says she doesn't and she can wait until Christmas day?

I really need some pointers. Any ideas?

Thanks much

pizzachick13

Well, have fun with the engagement but don't let yourself get stressed out,

I have been engaged to at restaurants,

And let me say I turned those down, and not because of how they proposed,

But because they weren't someone I could spend the rest of my life with,

Here's some ideas I found:

1. To the extreme

If your woman is the sporty type, you can propose to her from the heights of a mountain after a day of rock climbing. Other possibilities would be during a parachute jump or a scuba-diving session in South America, or anywhere else for that matter.

2. Make a video

Making a personal video of yourself proposing to her can have a great effect, especially if you are watching it with her. She will likely jump from joy and want to skip straight to the honeymoon...

3. In mid-air

A more public display of affection is to have the captain of an airplane you are on recite your marriage proposal to your woman over the intercom. You can just picture it: "We are now flying over the Grand Canyon and will be arriving at our destination in approximately 45 minutes. And, by the way, Joanna, Michael would like to know if you would do him the honor of marrying him."

Of course, after this, all you should hope for is a "yes" and a safe landing.

4. My way or the highway

Just imagine driving home from work and seeing a billboard that says "Lucy, will you marry me?" This will have an amplified effect, and the rest of the commuters who see it will hope it works out for you.

They will also hope that she doesn't slam the brakes in excitement.

5. Marriage on the big screen

Let's say you agreed to go see the latest Julia Roberts movie, and right before the movie is about to start, as part of the previews, one frame action simply displays the words: "Maria, will you be my wife?"

Well, some suggestions, I would avoid 4 and 5 though, unless you have a great deal of finances.

Rose

I don't mean to blow your bubble - really, I don't, I support same-sex marriage - but are you aware that as an Australian Citizen you can't actually get married under the eyes of the law? I don't want you to go through this only to wind up disappointed.

link removed

You can get a "Civil Union" in WA, QLD, The ACT or Tassie, but you cannot technically get married. =/

Sorry, but best of luck! =)

Hey, I am actually quite stretched for money. Putting the ring on layby was using my last $50. I am hoping for a yes but she's the kind of girl that doesn't mind showing affection in public but I think she'd be a little freaked about me asking her to marry me with tons of people around.

Anything less taxing on my bank account that comes to mind?

thanks for the suggestions though. I might give them a think

Sleep talking is when you're asleep so you don't know if you did or you didnt... and i know she does know because i asked and she told me... in detail.

She does love me back as much as i love her and we've talked a lot about getting married and having children and building our lives together.

i love her so much and i know she feels that way about me

I was thinking of paying off the ring on tuesday as i'll have enough and ask her on her birthday (it's the 10th today and her bday is on the 17th)

Would that be too soon? I really love her and I wouldn't expect to get married too much sooner than the engagement if she didn't want to... I'm more worried she'll say no really. Is her birthday an ok idea?

pizzachick13

i think her bday will be a perfect time...say 12 am...coz she will be ddelightedd neways coz of he bday ... n u proposing would be a better thing on her....try it ..firdst gift her all her bday gudies...next one by one sinlge out on her proposemnet gift(the ring) n look in her eyes n deeply say i love you.....

Okay, I just got the ring today. All paid off and looking gorgeous. It's white gold with three diamonds on it. I'm hoping she'll like it as we got a catalogue from the jewelry shop and a similar one was in there. I asked her if she liked it and she said yes but then pointed one out that was $700 and said we should put it on layby

Anyways, I was thinking of putting my speech like this (if she follows the script too)

"Cathie, we've been together for a little over 7 months now and I've really love the time we've spent together, but (pause for effect) I don't want you to be my girlfriend anymore."

(Hopefully) she says, "are you breaking up with me?"

"No, I just don't want you to be my girlfriend... (pull out the ring) I want you to be my wife, will you marry me?"

How does that sound?? A little too corny? Too worrying? I don't know... it was just an idea I got after buying the ring. What do you all think?

thanks

pizzachick

Now you know how I felt the night I told you to wake your Mother up because I wanted to propose to her. I was pacing up and down the room. It's a wonder I didn't wear the carpet out. I'd been doing that for about 2 hours before I phoned you.

It was a lot easier when I flew to Australia and got down on bended knee in the restaurant. You should've seen her face when I gave her a diamond ring.

Sweetheart she loves you and you've been living together for months. You've even talked about having children together. She's going to be 'over the moon'. DON'T talk in your sleep this time!

I'm very happy for the two of you. Don't forget to send me some photos by email.

I love you both.

I did it!! I'm engaged!! OMG!! I'm getting married!!

*takes deep breath* I can't believe it! I went to see her for her birthday and the night beofre her birthday we were going out so the next day I knew she'd be too hung over, so I asked her to marry me that night.

Just as her friend was making dinner he asked her to go to her room to get something and then told me to follow her and do it then. I had it all prepared in my mind.

I caught up to her before she got to close the door and I asked her if she wanted her birthday present early cos I knew she'd be too hung over to appreciate the next day. I got her to sit down and close her eyes. I got the ring out of my bag, opened the box and got down on one knee in front of her.

Panic set in. She opened her eyes and I had a mental blank. For about 30 seconds I had no idea what I was going to say. She had a huge smile on her face and was saying oh my god over and over again. So I simply said (all that could come to mind) "Will you marry me?"

She said yes and, oh my god, it was the greatest feeling. It felt the like the first time we'd held hands or the first kiss we had... or the first time she and I made love. No... wait... IT WAS BETTER THAN ALL THOSE TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank god the ring fits was all I could think when I put it on. We then stayed in the room another 20 minutes just hugging and kissing. It was the greatest moment in my life. We finally went back to the kitchen and got our dinner. She gave her friend a hug (he'd helped me get the courage to ask her to marry me and he also hid the ring in his room for me so that she wouldn't find it) and we sat down and had dinner. Then we called everyone... and I mean EVERYONE.

It was the best night I've ever had. We then went out to a gay club and had the most fun ever.... I even danced topless with a white bra on under blue light... my girlfriend *whoops* my fiance' did too.

Anyways.... much happiness.

I love her so much.

Thanks for all of your support.

pizzachick13