Husband jealous over my 15 YEAR OLD BROTHER

M husband and I just had a conversation/fight. apparently, he doesn't approve of the photos I took with my brother at our wedding.

There is one of him kissing my cheek.

One of me kissing his.

And one of both of us smooching eachother on the lips.

I don't see what is so bad about this? My brother and I have kissed, hugged, cuddled, and even held hands with one another before while I was dating and engaged to him, he didn't have a problem with it then.

Infact, he found it cute.

Why is he jealous now?

I don't think there's anything wrong with what you're doing with your brother, but I think your husband might feel that he should be the one in those pics and not your brother.

I agree.

It sounds a lot like jealousy mixed with insecurity. It's completely irrational, but he might feel threatened that you took really cute photos with your brother that looked better than the photos with him in it.

Does your husband require a lot of reassurance?

Does he put himself down a lot?

I only ask, because I dealt with this before, and what your husband is doing reminds me a lot of myself. I'm not excusing his behaviour, just trying to see if there is a pattern of behavior.

Well, he only had a problem with the last photo, because our kiss was...Quite intense...

My husband doesn't need too much reassurance, but gets very sad and insecure easily, yes.

Because your kiss with your brother was, "...Quite intense..."??? What a way to describe it.

...Ick...

I love my brother a lot. I even peck him on the cheek sometimes. To which he says..."Yuck, get off me!" But I've never kissed him on the lips (especially not 'Quite intensely'...shudder..), especially as adults and not toddlers. You could say I love my brother, like a brother.

Ok. I have always said this jelousy is never a good sing but he done took it a step further for me he is jelous of your brother I wouldnt ever entertain his concern and I would tell him that and also let him know that I dont appreciate it and need an apology my flesh and blood what is he thinking

Are you sure he's jealous and not just annoyed at what he perceives to be inappropriateness? To me, it's inappropriate to share a "quite intense" kiss with a brother. To you, it may not be, and may be perfectly normal. Discuss this rationally with him to find out if he's actually jealous and sincerely thinks that you will leave him for your brother, or if he simply thinks it's inappropriate behavior. If it's the former, you have a lot more problems than can be explored on eNotAlone. If it's the latter, the two of you need to discuss your boundaries and what you find acceptable in the relationship.

Because your kiss with your brother was, "...Quite intense..."??? What a way to describe it.

...Ick...

I love my brother a lot. I even peck him on the cheek sometimes. To which he says..."Yuck, get off me!" But I've never kissed him on the lips (especially not 'Quite intensely'...shudder..), especially as adults and not toddlers. You could say I love my brother, like a brother.

I'm with teddybear here, I'm afraid. I *never* kissed my brother on the lips, let alone something intense. I wonder if your husband was upset because he found it a bit 'off', rather than jealousy per se?

And one of both of us smooching eachother on the lips.

That in my opnion was wrong and disrespectful to your husband

I know your intentions were nothing wrong but .. you have gotts respect that your husband should be the only ... andI say only man in physcial contact with you that way.

Feelings are complicated things. Here's a possibility:

To be fair to your husband, jealousy isn't as straightforward as you might think - Of course, he is probably not afraid of losing you to your brother. However, he might well think - and justifiably so, IMHO - that *he* is the only one you should be sharing "quite intense" kisses with.

I mean it's almost like kissing another guy in a night club or whatever... You might have no intention of ever seeing that guy again - thereforeeee he is no threat - but your husband would still be understandably pissed off about it.

Why would you describe the kiss as intense.It sounds kinda crazy when you say it like that.Its like me saying,,,,,,,,,,,,I kissed my sister and i dont know why my girlfriend is so mad.Well can you describe the kiss."Oh it was intense"Do want this to be a big problem for discusion?The way you describe makes it sound like you and your brother were molesting each other at the wedding.