Since my girlfriend broke up with me, my self esteem has been going on a roller coaster. Sometimes I feel like I'm ok looking and other times I agree with those who think I'm ugly. There're people that say I'm hot and stuff, but the people that say I'm ugly seem to have a better influence. A 200 people can say I'm hot and 20 people can say I'm butt ugly and I'd agree with those 20. I guess I just hate being right, and those who think I'm ugly I feel are right. When people even so much as comment on my nose, or say I look "Jewish"...it gets to me. I'll post my picture, not so people can say "OMG you're so hot" nor am I looking for attention, just so you know where I'm coming from:

image removed

My nose is a bit on the odd size and I really don't want to get surgery on it because I do believe in the whole "like me for who I really am" concept. But I can't help but take those who don't like my looks seriously.

Ewwww! What are those spots on your shirt?

Seriously, a breakup can leave you qustioning everything from your looks to your cooking. Keep in mind that we all feel ugly, dim or just plain crappy when the one we love stomps our heart.

You must get comments about young Bob Dylan. I hear chicks dig him.

You're actually quite handsome, kiddo. Yes, very nice eyes, and nose, and lips. Probably, when some girls say you're ugly, they're probably just being mean and trying to make you feel bad about yourself, because most people (male and female) want to make others feel like crap. But with your looks, you don't have to let it get to you, because you're not bad looking.

Thanks guys, I actually was only expecting like 1-2 responses and not even about the picture. It's just that I feel like crap when someone says I'm ugly, and I believe them way too much. I ridicule myself way too much, and yeah I take criticism very seriously. The only trait I really like is my eyes. They used to change colors very often(from blue to green) but they typically just blend now (green layer, with a darker green with some blue, etc.) I appreciate the compliments, but as I said, for whatever reason I tend to believe the negative one's. I'll read what you posted now, Green. And those spots on my shirt are water....yeah water...^_^

P.S: Bob Dylan? Really? No I've never gotten any comments about that. I guess since my generation really doesn't know who he is.

Awww - you've been crying. ((((Hugs))))

You should be proud of who you are and what you're born with. Each and every one of us is genetically unique and there is only one of you. What I noticed first is your beautiful hairline. I don't know why I noticed that but it's probably because you have wavy hair and it accentuates your hairline. Your gray eyes also stand out. Post a picture with you smiling. I bet you are gorgeous. And I'm not just saying this to make you feel better but it's the honest truth from me. Sometimes when I'm having a really bad day, I feel unattractive and unloved too.

You're not ugly. You know, as with anyone..some people will find you attractive and some people won't. Believe it or not I'm actually quite repelled by Brad Pitt's appearance, but don't tell that to millions of other women...because they wouldn't agree with me. You have nice eyes and appear to be fit and trim and clean cut to me. Those are good qualities and lots of girls will find them very attractive.

Hehe, I don't like Brad Pitt, either. He doesn't look natural to me... almost un-human, like a plastic Ken doll. Uh oh, here comes the angry mob with the pitchforks!

JJ, I think you have a lot going for you attraction-wise (hair, eyebrows, eyes, healthy skin tone, etc). And I think your nose is very attractive, too-- kind of cultured and masculine. I know the breakup hurts, but I'm sure girls are noticing you. Remember, the shy ones never say a word.

...Bob who?? Guess I'd better Google that.

Thanks all of you and Tylin is right. I guess it really has to do alot with the break up. I really wasn't looking for attention hear, nor was expecting it, but it's always nice when people have nice things to say about you ^_^ I just kind of adapted to my ex so much that I bestowed her with my faith in myself, when she went, so did it. My self esteem was all generated from her, but all she had to say before she left was that I was psycho, skitzo, clingy, etc. I understand girls want confidence, boy did my ex let me have it with that. I guess I look for that in a girl as well, so I guess it's only fair. It's just really hard for me to handle someone telling me I'm ugly or unattractive because then I start wondering why. Even though I know not everyone in this world will find a certain person attractive, I still would like to know why it is they find me that way. More then Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp everyone loves the guy, but some girls I know just don't like him.

its all in the mind mate, u become what you think sometimes.....start thinkin nice about you for a change.

Think straight and clear....

Yeah I definitely know the whole concept of "lie to yourself enough and you'll start to believe it" just like how after a break up, your ex tends to tell their rebound or new boyfriend that they're the best and you were horrible. It's quite hard for me to reverse it but I'll try. I never liked being one of those people that say "oh yeah, I look so good" nor even think it.

My best friend has a big schnoz and he gets all the girls. He is also Mr. Confident. You'll probably feel like * * * * because of your ex. Don't worry, you'll be fine.

You are definitely not ugly. Hopefully you'll feel better about it soon.

Thank you for the compliment, and I really don't think my nose is big but it's one of those typical noses you'd see on a (excuse me if I'm being sterotypical) Jewish person, hence why people always call me racist names implying that I'm Jewish. People can be idiots, but it still is hurtful.

jokes apart, you look ok for a 17 year old....you have a good load of life ahead jj.

Forget about her and what she thinks about you or talks about you to her future bfs, stop thinkin all that and just keep movin forward, don't look back anymore, i have been in your situation more than once.

There are enough fish in the sea....so get em when you are ready.

You're not ugly. You know, as with anyone..some people will find you attractive and some people won't. Believe it or not I'm actually quite repelled by Brad Pitt's appearance, but don't tell that to millions of other women...because they wouldn't agree with me. You have nice eyes and appear to be fit and trim and clean cut to me. Those are good qualities and lots of girls will find them very attractive.

I thought I was the only one who didn't drool for Pitt!

^

that's so great. I have never gone for traditional handsomeness. Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, creep me out. Johnny only really looks good as a pirate, something about that pirate... OP- you're a cutie. I love your eyes and hair. like the other poster said, post a pic w/ you smiling

Hmm..I must admit I drool for Johnny Depp. But IMO, he's become a little bit strange lately. Anyway, the day I 'met' Orlando Bloom, I had to dump poor Johnny for Orlando. Johnny cried .

go and see orlando in "the calcium kid", bet you wud run and scream Johnnyyyyy where are ya...