Naturally hairless male chest?

I've been dating this nice guy who's in his early 30's for about a couple of months now. Anyway, I've now seen him shirtless and he has no hair on his chest at all. I asked him about it and he said he's never had hair on his chest, is that naturally possible? (he has hair on his arms, legs and he has told me on his pubic region as well). Also, he has quite a small tongue, do tongue sizes vary?

Yup, it's possible.

I dated a guy in HS who had a hair-free chest....as did my alcoholic ex. Both of them had other body hair.

Everything about our physical bodies is determined in large part by genetics -- inlcuding body hair distribution and the size of tongues, teeth, hands, genitals, noses etc.

Unless he's had cosmetic surgery, that's probably just the genetic hand he was dealt.

I've never met a man past puberty who has a naturally hairless chest. Maybe some with a few sprouts here and there. That certainly doesn't mean they don't exist, but I've never met one.

And yes, tongue sizes vary. I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue, my husband can barely extend his tongue past his lips. It depends on the tongue, and also on the mouth.

It can happen...I dated someone whom had almost nothing on his chest at all...couple hairs here and there but almost bare.

And one of my ex's had a very small tongue - it can be due to the ligament under the tongue being quite advanced along the base of the tongue that restricts it from protruding far. A dentist can do a simple surgery to cut this ligament a bit and allow more extension of the tongue.

I don't have hair on my chest either, I have a lot of latino blood in my family (spanish to be exact) and my 2 brothers and my father don't have any hair on their chest or on their back. Also all my latino friend are lacking hair on their chest too.

It must come from his ancestor, if you look at African people you'll see that none of them have hair on their chest either. Southern people don't have them and northen people seems to do. It must be because it was a useless feature for people who evolved through time in a warm region of the world while nordic people needed them to fight winter more adequatly.

I don't have hair on my chest either, I have a lot of latino blood in my family (spanish to be exact) and my 2 brothers and my father don't have any hair on their chest or on their back. Also all my latino friend are lacking hair on their chest too.

It must come from his ancestor, if you look at African people you'll see that none of them have hair on their chest either. Southern people don't have them and northen people seems to do. It must be because it was a useless feature for people who evolved through time in a warm region of the world while nordic people needed them to fight winter more adequatly.

Now this is true. I'm African American(although I am one quarter Irish on mom's side), and I notice that the men in my family are not hairy at all. My mom said it took my dad a while to grow a beard and mustache. And she doesn't even grow leg hair herself...

So I think it comes down to genetics with people.

• 1 year later...

Not only do I have chest hair, but I have back and shoulder hair too. Some people grow it, others don't. My father was a hairy man, and I am too.

It's really annoying, the hair on my arms is blond, but the hair on my chest/back/shoulders is dark brown. While I don't mind the chest hair, the shoulder and back hair is a little unappealing, so I shave whatever I can with a regular razor. The rest gets left there.