well, for those of you who haven't read my other posts, my fiance got in a bad car wreck last weekend. He's in georgia right now, so it's very hard being apart from him at a time like this. I took your guys' advice. I went home last night and booked a flight going out next thursday the 31st so I can go and be with him. My dad said I was being impulsive and that I should just wait to see him until they sent him home... but that could be months. He needs to know that no matter what happens, I will go through anything and everything to get to him and be by his side. I got to talk to him for about 2 min. yesturday but he was so tired he couldn't even form sentences and the drugs made his speach slurred so I just told him I loved him and was thinking about him constantly and that I'd be there in a little over a week. His mom is with him right now, so I figured I'd wait till next week so I could give her her time with him. I tlaked to his friend who said he had improved immensly from the day before. He ate some solid food, they took the tube out of his back so he's breathing on his own, he even stood up for a few minutes! But thanks for all the advice yesturday... I found a way to get the money and actually found a ticket for a little under $400 which was a big improvement from the $900 I had found the night before. I just can't wait to hold his hand and let him know I'm there.

hey! I am so glad you bought your ticket! and at a good price! woohoo!

I don't think you were being impulsive - he is your fiance, you should be with him now.

If the situation were reversed, you'd want him by your side. If you were in the military and he was the civilian, and you got hurt, you'd want him to visit you. And if he didn't, wouldn't you reconsider if you'd really want to marry someone who didn't visit you in the hospital?

you are not being impulsive at all. good luck - I am glad he is improving. he sounds like a very strong man

I'm just glad that he's improving, and I'm happy with my decision to go see him. He needs to know that I will be by his side no matter what... in the end I think going through this together will make us stronger not only individually but as a couple it will draw us closer. I did find out something that made me so so mad last night though. Origionally I was told that two guys fled the scene and one stayed with my fiance while the ambulence showed up. I found out last night that all three conscious guys fled. My fiance was knocked out, and so was the passanger (he was released from the hospital yesturday with minor injuries)... someone happened to see my fiance while driving by and called 911... it makes me so mad that his so called friends all left him there for dead and didn't even bother to call 911 to tell them there had been an accident and someone was injured!

Hey shorty!

Thank you for the update. I am so glad he is doing better. He will continue to get better everyday. And I am so glad you were able to find a cheaper plane ticket. $400 is not that bad. And no, I do not think you being impulsive. He is your FIANCE, he is going to be your husband in a few short months, I feel what you are doing is right.

They are not his friends. They fled the scene because they were cowards and because they were intoxicated. Are these guys in the Army as well? I am sure they will be charged with some kind of crime because they fled a scene of an accident. I know it is very aggrivating but try not to think about that now, focus on your love and devotion towards your fiance and getting him well, let the Army Authorities deal with these guys. They are in a lot of trouble I suspect.

well his friend told me that they were trying to press charges and put these guys in jail. Not only is it just wrong, it's even more wrong because these guys are supposed to be soldiers... a team, and if they can do something like that in civilian life God only knows what they'll do on the battlefield. I know I wouldn't want to be partnered up with one of them, having to trust them with my life and I don't think anyone else would either. They could, potentially, get dishonerably discharged over this. I honestly hope they do because people like that don't deserve to call themselves soldiers. I try not to think about it, but it's really hard at night when I'm sleeping alone, all I can picture is my baby's lifeless body trying to breath with one lung and in so much pain and helpless, just lying on the ground because his so called friends couldn't even make a phone call to get help before they ran. It's hard. But I'm staying strong for him, it's when I'm by myself that I can just let out all the anger and frusteration... nights are not so fun for me right now.

Well, I am sure this whole situation will be investiagted and these guys will be properly dealt with. The authorities may even be collecting the evidence and interviewing witnessess, and doing the paperwork as we speak. Leaving a scene of an accident is a crime. I have a feeling they take things like that very seriously in the military.

I know it is hard not to think about him hurt. But when you do, think about getting on that plane, reuiniting with your honey, helping him get strong and well, and think about your wedding. You are going to marry the man of your dreams! Think about the dress, the cake, the flowers, all that happy stuff. You are not doing him or yourself any good by getting overwhelmed with those images. You need to be strong for him. Is there anyone you can talk to about those thoughts? Perhaps your mom or a close friend?

no, I don't talk to anyone about it. They all have enough of their own problems, and I've always been the one that clams up and just wants to be by herself when she's upset. I don't open up to too many people. I'm sure people get sick of hearing about it too, but it's all I can think about so I usually just try to isolate myself. I don't want to lay my burden on someone else. I talked to my fiance's friend about it for a little bit but not in depth... just how upset it makes me that people can be so... well I can't even find a word for what those guys are, but he said not to worry that he was making sure they got taken care of. When I go out there my fiance's dad asked me to try to get my fiance to remember as much as he could about the accident, write down dates and tiems and stuff so we have record for the insurance company. His dad will make sure he gets a big settlement for how much pain he's going through right now. There isn't really anyone to talk to about this though... and I usually keep those thoughts to myself. It's just hard to not think about the person I love just lying on the ground broken and not having any help. I wish I could've been there for him... done something, anything.

HI shorty. I am just today finding your posts about your fiancé's car accident. I am certainly sorry to hear of what happened. He is very lucky to be alive. That is really bad about his so called friends fleeing and leaving him like that.

I hope everything works out for your trip down to see him and that he is soon back on the road to a full recovery. My thoughts are with you and your fiancée'. Take Care !!

thanks for all the support guys! I want to call him and talk to him so bad right now, but I don't want to bother him. I don't know what to do... call and bother or not call to let him rest. I don't want him to think that I'm not thinking about him constantly but I also don't want to bother him with phone calls when he's sleeping and resting and healing...

I found a link on the hospital that my fiance's staying at that allows you to send cards to the patients there for free! I'm going to try to send him one every day. THen he'll know I'm thinking about him, and if he feels up to it he can call me. I'm going to still send him some flowers though.