7 Survey Questions on Love

I was curious what you guys thought of the following questions. Input appreciated

1. Can you fall in love more than once in your lifetime?

2. Can you experience true love more than once?

3. Can you fall in love with someone who isn't in love with you?

4. Is there only one person who is 'meant to be'?

5. Are you ever too young or too old to be in love?

6. Does true love really last forever?

7. What defines "falling in love"?

I was curious what you guys thought of the following questions. Input appreciated

Yes, Yes, Yes, No, Yes -- too young, Not sure yet, but think so, need to come up with your own definition. Love is an emotional attachment and a verb impying how you treat someone.

1. I have loved once... I don't know about loving again, it's a big question!

2. True love more than once... definitely!

3. Yes, I believe you can love someone who doesn't love you, I believe it means you cannot be in love with them

4. There are many of "the one's" for us, but when we find one of them, we think they are a one of a kind.

5. I don't think you can place an age on love, you can definitely never be too old to love...

6. True love last for enternity, not forever! True love is so deep and meaningful it goes beyond description or words.

7. In my own opinion love is when you only want to be with that one person, you find yourself thinking about them all the time, you love every part of them, physically mentally and emotionally.

PR

hmm..i think that is possible. i have only ever truly fallen in love with one person so i am hopeful it can happen again.

yes i believe you can

yes - i have been in scenarios where i have fallen in love with someone who didnt feel the same way but i dont think i was actually 'in' love with them - maybe an infactuation...

no...i think we will meet a lot of people who we will believe are 'meant to be' for us. we can be compatible with more than one person and they may fit under the 'meant to be' category.

nope - age is just a number as far as i am concerned.

yes - forever and beyond lol.

love is when you think about that person 24/7. when you are with that person nothing else matters, the world just melts around you. when that person is not with you you think about what they are doing, if they miss you like you miss them. loving someone is giving yourself to that person completely - your soul, your body and your mind.

Yes, of course. Would be kind of miserable if you couldn't, wouldn't it?

I also think however your perception of love changes over time, and through experience. I think each "love" is unique onto itself.

I would say this relates highly to what your believe in "true love" is.

Based on MY belief and experience with it....I have only had the true, true love once (though have had love!)....and still have it. I believe of course that ultimately, this is the "real thing" and have no intention of finding out if I can have it again.

Hmm, I think you can fall for them.....but.....based on again my definition of love, I don't think you could truly LOVE someone whom did not love you as well...for me love is reciprocal and honest and open...things you would miss if the other was not in love with you too.

No, but I believe there are people in your life whom you fit with in unexplainable ways that make them "right". But, this is not limited to one person.

Ultimately though the one whom is "meant to be" is the one you end up choosing to be the one....you stop looking for others, so in your mind/heart, they probably become the one meant to be.

Of course, they kinda need to feel the same way

No, of course not! But again I agree that your definition over time of love, and what you are looking for changes. To a 14 year old what seems like true love, may be looked back on as puppy love years down the road. That does not take away that experience though to that 14 year old when they are experiencing it.

But, I do think too many young people I see here, and elsewhere (even myself when I was that age) have a very poor understanding of love and can often make some bad choices, that are based more on what they think love is, than what it really is. Then again, I see people of all ages do this.

True love needs effort too. Love does not make things work on it's own. You have to work to make love work...even in "true love". Love is action, thought.....not just feeling.

So, can it last forever? If you are both committed to it...yes.

Hmm, when your heart and mind commit themselves to someone. When you know someones true character/personality and accept and respect them for whom they are. And...when you know and feel loved and accepted for whom you are 100%. When you feel a great bond towards them of compassion, respect, care, faithfulness. When together you have mutual goals, values, morals and can work together towards them. There is a bond on all levels including emotional, mental, spiritual, physical - a great connection. No settling!

For me, my definition has changed to also be when you are also realistic about the relationship and commitment, about the effort and the action.

Of course, it is always better when they return the same feelings.

definitely

definitely

definitely. Look around at the walking wounded.

Not at all. If that person lived in Mongolia, you'd probably never meet.

IMO, you can be too immature to recognize it, or too old to believe in it anymore.

Define "true love" first. I believe in one form of love, and it's the same for a dog, a parent or a woman. Not too romantic, eh?

Love can last until death.

Subjective for different people, probably since the chemical changes have various effects. Again, not too romantic.

Yes I think so though I don't think it will ever be the same. If would be boring? I think it can start out appearing not to be possible- but it's just always reached in a different way so you cant recognise it.

Same answer I think

I dont think you can love someone who doesnt love you- because its kind of obvious- and if you weren't receiving the love, but continued in the relationship, it would be out of denial and need I think.

I think anyone who is willing, dedicated and interesting to you can be the one.

I'm still young......ah..... but I think you just have different perspective at different times. So there's no common frame of reference between generations- so its hard to respect young love and difficult to appreciate old love.

Relationships and intimacy and interest and intimacy in someone can last forever. I dont know about sexual interest, in my experience it has always waned slightly.

I'm not romantic I don't think. I believe in being in love with someone and that being very strong. Falling in love is often infatuation and lust and so many other things that I dont really trust it. But sometimes it clicks in avery solid solid way which doesnt really feel like a romance movie- its just all there from the beginning.

This is just my opinion - others will disagree.

1. Can you fall in love more than once in your lifetime? Yes, what a sad existence we would have if that wasn't the case.

2. Can you experience true love more than once? First off, there's no such thing as "true love" either that or else it's so subjective that it means something different to each person.

3. Can you fall in love with someone who isn't in love with you? Oh my, yes, welcome to hell!

4. Is there only one person who is 'meant to be'? A myth - there is no such thing as "meant to be", not love, not career, not life style choices. It's a product of romance novels and hollywood. You are what you are and you ain't what you ain't. Nothing more, nothing less. No fate, no destiny, no "meant to be".

5. Are you ever too young or too old to be in love? Never to old or too young, thank goodness.

6. Does true love really last forever? It (if it exists even) must be nutured to survive. However, a fond feeling for someone, even someone who broke your heart, will last forever. Cherish it but don't let it eat you alive.

7. What defines "falling in love"? Well, this sounds kind of pervy or cliched but when I'm in love with a girl I basically stop looking at (ie: checking out) other women - they are of no interest to me. It's actually rather liberating. It's a rough rule of thumb. Other clues can be that you want to be with the other person lots, think/dream about them and/or get that warm cozy feeling when you think about them.

I feel that being in love shouldn't be analysed so much. You know when you are in it - if there is any doubt then you are not. Let it pour over you in waves like the ocean and have no expectations. Live in the moment. Don't take those hollywood movie ideas tell you what to think, we are all different and seeing through different eyes.

I hope so...otherwise he wouldn't love me...

Hopefully, it lasts your whole life, but if not... then I think yes, but there are so many shades of love.

Oh, definitely. Not that it does you much good....

I think that there is a life of perfection waiting for each of us; I also think that if somehow you miss out on the boat to perfection, that there is a second run to acceptable perfection...

NO. NEVER. NOT POSSIBLE.

Even if the people are cannot like each other, I believe that if it was true, that deep down inside, they still can love each other. So yes.

Falling in love is when you don't quite remember where you end and the other person begins anymore; it is keeping them with you, held safe to your chest without the benefit of touch or taste or sound; love is the sum of all things and your partner is the plus one.

Yes...it would be a very sad existence otherwise.

If it's true love, you experience it every day and you fall in love with the same person over and over again. But I think you only experience it with one special person -- that's why it's "true love" as opposed to love.

I think so, but I'm more inclined to say that it would be infatuation or a crush rather than love...It's worse when they're not in love with you anymore, but you're still in love with them...

There are many people who could potentially be "meant to be," but when you find them, they are the only one.

Maybe too young...you can be too immature to distinguish love from lust, admiration, etc.

Yes, but it needs to be nurtured. It can be true love, but it can come to a tragic end...

Realizing that your partner is the world to you, that you want to experience everything with them and don't want to experience anything without them. (I'm basically quoting James Marsden here, but I agree wholeheartedly.)

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. No

5. No

6. No

7. Something that enlivens you and makes you want to wake up in the morning

. Can you fall in love more than once in your lifetime?

Yes, I have fallen in love three times (I'm 46). Once at 19, once at 37 and once at 42.

See answer above.

Definitely. I was madly in love with someone at 37. We were colleagues, best friends and lovers, but he wasn't 'in-love' with me and it ended after 8 months.

No, I don't believe that, or I would just give up now. You can read anything into anything if you try hard enough. My ex and I used to say "it's a sign" when something happened that seemed an unlikely co-incidence that seemly was a "sign" that we were meant to be together.

Never. I look just as forward to being in love at 46 as I did at 14.

I think you can love someone even if the relationship has ended. On some level, I believe that's a sign of maturity. If the relationship didn't work -- because of timing and circumstance -- it is still possible to truly love that person at some level, even if you are not together any more, and still move on to someone new.

Falling in love to me, is really seeing the person and accepting them for who they are, flaws and all. It's mutual respect, admiration and attraction. It's being totally excited each time you know you are going to be with them, and yet it's being completely at ease with the person when they are around. You can share anything with them and know that they won't think your ideas are crazy, silly or unimportant.

I find that it's a calm feeling that spreads over you like a blanket, a confidence that you are wanted and needed by someone and the feeling is mutual. You don't need to be in the presense of that person all the time, but it's the satisfaction of knowing they are there for you whenever they need you, and are thinking about you when you aren't around. It's a "knowing" feeling that is just hard to describe. I wish I were in the mode right now

1. Can you fall in love more than once in your lifetime? definitely.

2. Can you experience true love more than once? yup.

3. Can you fall in love with someone who isn't in love with you? unfortunately...

4. Is there only one person who is 'meant to be'? no, there are six and a half. i worked it out once, but i've lost my papers.

5. Are you ever too young or too old to be in love? too young, yes--let's say pre-teen. too old, no.

6. Does true love really last forever? not that often.

7. What defines "falling in love"? when YOU say you are falling in love, you are falling in love.

Yes

Yes

I don't think so. Part of love is knowing you are loved.

No.

Possibly too young.

Not always

No idea.

1. Can you fall in love more than once in your lifetime? Yes

2. Can you experience true love more than once? Yes

3. Can you fall in love with someone who isn't in love with you? Yes

4. Is there only one person who is 'meant to be'? No

5. Are you ever too young or too old to be in love? Yes, too young

6. Does true love really last forever? It depends on your mate too.

When you're willing to do anything just to make a person you love very happy.

Absolutely, but it grows and changes as you experience life and relationships. I will love very differently next time but that doesn't mean I did not love my ex.

Again, absolutely. Just because you love someone fully if for some reason you are in a position to love again (breakup, death, etc...) it doesn't mean you won't ever love true again.

I believe you can love the person you WANT someone to be, who is not necessarily the person they ARE.

I don't know... Sometimes I think so, but other times I hope I am wrong. In any case it's human nature to believe the one you're currently in love with is "the one" but if it doesn't work out, you will assume your next love was really "the one".

No. But as I said, your love will evolve as you mature and change. That whole teenage "I'll cut myself or hang myself if we ever break up" (most of the time) gives way to more sensible feelings of love. Similarly, a very elderly person has probably already lost a partner in life (to death or divorce) so their love might be different than that a 20-year-old feels for his or her fiancee.

Sometimes, and sometimes not. I don't feel that the length of a love defines how true it was. For instance I can be truly and deeply in love with someone, but if that person changes like he becomes dependent on drugs or becomes abusive, I would stop loving that person. Does that mean the love I felt before was not true? Or does it mean that love is conditional upon both parties being actively involved in making it last?

Love is simple. It is wanting to make a person happy, and wanting to spend time with that person. Unless those two factors are in place it isn't love.

Absolutely. Our capacity to love usually grows as we mature (hopefully). Our experiences in life change and/or expand our beliefs about many things.

Again, absolutely. But what is ''true love?'' That is a personal decision. We don't all love in the same manner throughout our lives - we change.

You can and it can hurt and it can go both ways. All experiences shape us and our perceptions of others as well as ourselves are all brought into every relationship, whether it's a "romantic" love or not.

I don't think so -- not at all. If it were so then we'd not change as we mature. Who we love at 20 is a representation of who and how we can love at 20. Expanding our minds and hearts means change, we don't all do it at the same pace or method. If there is only one person then it'd be like looking for a needle in a haystack but the haystack is on the other side of the world (IMHO). We can love many people in our lifetime.

No, not really. Again, it's our capacity to love. Loving someone at 15 is most definitely not the same as loving someone at 25 or 45 etc. It's just different, there are certain similarities in feelings but the whole of it is different. I sometimes think loving at 15 is far easier but loving at 45 is so much more expansive, bigger, more encompassing. We're not mature at 15 so we can't love the same as when we're older.

I don't know. There is love that last forever but that doesn't mean the two people are still a couple (if we're talking about an adult two person relationship). I love someone -- still -- but we're not together. My way of loving him is different now too, just like I'm different.

Well, now that is a huge question. "Falling in love" is a state of mind. It's a selfish state of mind too. Everything is about "us", "him" or "her", it's about the feelings we get from that special other, either by us giving to them or their giving to us. The outside world almost doesn't exist, it's as if every song on the radio is speaking just to us, every smile is just ours... and so forth. It's a very high and heady feeling. But it is a finite period. We can't maintain that state of being -- we'd get nothing done in life!

Defining love can't really be done, it's just too big -- I like that too, I don't want to put walls around love. To me it is fluid and ever changing.