is there ever a reason to excuse cheating?

well he cheated while i was in the next room. usually guys don't cheat in front of their gf"s. so this brings up bigger issues to me.

he didn't even know her, i know her somewhat. enough to know that she's easy. she took off her clothes in front of him.

so here's my next question? he drunk she naked, he's a man does that excuse anything? how many guys would walk away from a naked woman?

ok, my bf got really drunk and cheated on me. he claims he had too much to drink and that he would have never done what he did if he hadn't drank so much. would any of you forgive your bf/gf for cheating?

Ehh? No.

Seriously, is that even a question? If I knew she cheated on me, I wouldn't even bother wasting my time dumping her.

it is easier to forgive than it is to forget. i believe he would not have done this if he was not drinking.

I agree. I think you can make this work. Just ensure you are both on the same page and each of you understand you are only allowed to cheat when you are drunk. Then it is absolutely no problem.

i think cheating can be forgiven, but never excusable. however, i think there is a difference between sex and kissing. of course those are both horrible, but i think sex is much more serious. also, it would probalby be more easily forgiven, if forgiven at all, if it was a one time type of thing, rather than a long drawn-out emotional/physical affair.

• 2 years later...

Yeah seriously, there is NO excuse!

I know my boyfriend would ever cheat on me. Neither of us drink either, so no excuse anyways! He's been drunk once in his life about a year or so ago before me just to see what it was like and he said it was stupid. And obviously he didnt let it get the best of him anyways, if he hadnt even gone past kissing before he met me.

He simply doesnt like the taste of alcohol, and even if he did drink, he knows his limit and wouldnt let himslef get drunk.

I like the taste of things such as Smirnoff and tequeila, but have never been drunk. And I def dont drink at all since I've been with him. Or go to wild parties.

I dont like to drink, because I like to be in control of the situation. And honestly since I've never been drunk, I dont know WHAT I would do in the situation if I got horribly drunk and I got taken advantage of. I dont believe I would ever cheat even being drunk, but its never happened and I dont want to take the risk!

Besides, if I did get taken advantage of it would be half my fault anyways for going to a party I knew was going to be "wild" and drank. So thats why, just say no!

A whole slew of choices can be made rather than cheating so I agree that it's never a goo recourse. I also don't think the "I was sauced" excuse holds water. I've known people who where three sheets to the wind who STILL got themselves out of compromising positions when they presented themselves. It all depends on what you find important, right?

If she was attacked and raped, that is a different story than simply getting drunk and one thing leading to another.