Another random poll

Hi guys, heres another random poll, out of those who self harm who does it to 1) feel something 2) get the attention they need 3) get angry and just do it 4) wake up in the morning and find it there. If anyone else has any other reasons plz inform.

I started cutting and bruising myself badly becasue I hated myself and felt I deserved nothing but the worst..Also becasue I was in so much emotional pain that I felt the need to even it out by having physical pain also..It was never far attention becasue only people I don't know are aware of it..I make sure it is hidden either on my side or upper legs.Now I still do It because it has become a habbit..And I just can't imagine not having any pain at all..

• 1 month later...

Purely punishment. I was giving myself what I deserved and was getting verbally and emotionally from other people.

Waking up in the morning felt good. Wounds were sore, but you knew the pain hadnt gone inside. So it fuelled another session.

I dont do it anymore, and I'm not trying to give people considering it the wrong impression. But I'm not ashamed.

I didn't realize what I was doing, so I can't really express my motivation for it. Unfortunately, I cut my face. I honestly can say I blinked out and after a bit, came to that my face was bleeding. I know that might sound strange...I think it is too. At least I have a job where I can pass off the cuts as work related (I'm a vet tech.)

I used to cut for two main reasons...

1. Anger at myself. For messing things up, for not being pretty enough, smart enough, funny enough etc.

2. Anger with others. I'd get angry with other people, one in particular, but because I loved them, especially him, I couldn't hurt them so I hurt myself instead.

• 3 weeks later...

i did it for none of those reasons.

i didnt like the people who did it for attention.

but i didnt do it to punish myself or to forget about my other problems.

its hard to explain why i did it..

basically i wanted to see myself bleed, like one person said before.

it sounds insane, but i wanted to see the blood and new scars.