Does Anyone Ever Die Alone?

Yes and no. Some people are single their whole lives and are ok with it. Some may have girlfriends/boyfriends, long term relationships, one night relationships, engagements, divorce, or some may never have a relationship with anyone ever.

god i hope i have at least a dog with me when i die. if i went right now i would just have these two stupid cats staring at me.

Yeah, but they're both just as likely to eat you.

Ultimately, we're all born alone and we all die alone. Audience or not.

But having someone there to hold your hand seems a much preferable way to go to me. No matter my relationship with them.

Unless I hated them. I'd hate for that to be the last person I saw..

We die alone but i suppose were surrounded by people x if were lucky or liked x but then again if were lucky or liked people might not want to be there when you die x or maybe you die randomly and your surrounded by the biggest audience x or maybe you die from a lightning strike in a field all by yourself

none of us know how were going to die so its hard really to give an answer x

Yes, I'll definitely die all alone with no experience wutsoever, not even a kiss , but oh well, it must have been meant to be that way!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, much of your struggle to find someone, or at least get some attention from guys is mental. If you keep telling yourself that you're never going to find someone, you probably won't. It's psychologically damaging and not good for the soul. But if you stop focusing on it so much and have a positive, optimistic outlook on life, you never know what can happen. I am the same age as you, but for years I was in the gutter mentally, and over time I became more optimistic; went on my first date a few weeks ago. It didn't go anywhere after that day, but that's beside the point.

Things can change, trust me. We're young, you're young, don't worry about living your entire life without a kiss or a relationship.

Finally I find a forum where someone els is asking a similar question.

I tried asking how to cope with being perpetually alone on another relationship forum and they seem to refuse to accept it's possible to end up alone forever. I've reconciled the fact that my poor social skills amoungst other problems have desinted me to be alone but I need to know how to cope with it.

Please, if anyone has suggestions?

Oh wow! there's even already a thread here with a similar question to mine Sorry! I hadn't seen that yet.

We ALL die alone. Every living creature dies alone(ripped from Donnie Darko).

We all make that inevitable transition by ourselves.

So that is the one thing you needn't fear because you can't stop it.

Not necessarily however, my dad died in my arms, he was unconscious, barely breathing laying in the hospice bed. When I embraced him with emotional abandon, he stopped breathing and died in my arms. The point is not everyone dies alone, though many if not most do.

p.s. I f'n loved Donnie Darko

of course we all die alone, its something that no one can do with us. They can hold our hand while we go, but we do the dying on our own, they dont come with us and no one can do it first and then pop back to tell us that it was okay.

We are born to die and we dob it alone and its this fear and realisation that torments us.

All you can hope for is, a spatter of people to miss you, when that day arrives, and to have some happiness beforehand.

You are 19 why do you feel you should have had a relationship already? i didnt fall inlove until I was 23 and that lasted 6 months and then I got dumped and i thought "omg!! thats it!" now I am with someone else and Im happy and I am 26. Some of my friends, the same age are still virgins and still single! there is no 'given' or guarantee that we should all meet someone at a certain age and fall inlove.

but we can hope, and remain positive, because without hope you have nothing.

I'm not sure if it's really worse to die alone, never having loved another, than it is to have loved another and never find love again. In my opinion, the latter is probably worse. At least for me it is.

I think the first one is the worst cuz you never got to experience anything. At least when you were in a relation and got dumped, you had your happy moments and know exactly what it's like to be in love and being loved. In contrast when you never fell in love and only had infatuation, then you know nothing about how relations work. The unknown is worst than actually being rejected, cuz that "Oh I should have done that, how would it had been", will kill you everyday thinking baout what would have/have not happen.