What is "normal" between girl friendships.

I was raised with 3 brother & had mostly male friends. I have a few close girl friends (but not to close, since I'm a single mom & not much of a social life) so i'm not quite sure what is normal.

I met this new girl, she is Awesome, we work together & she's a lot of fun. I've only known her a couple weeks & I can't tell if she is just an oddly friendly girl or hitting on me?

she makes comments daily on what a beautiful bum I have. & how much she loves seeing it (my bum) everyday (I'm never sure how to reply?). How i'm *** hot I am. & how she thinks of me a lot.

Is this fairly normal? I don't quite no how to respond to some of these either?

Well saying your beautiful and cute could be normal behavior. But saying that she's always thinking about you and how happy she is to see you everyday is a little odd.

Have you felt like she was physically hitting on you at any point? (ie hand brush, or tight hug?)

I was raised the same way. I was never around any girls except for my mom - and she didn't want anything to do with me so i'm around guys all the time.

I think she's possibly hitting on you.

Or.

Maybe you're the first person she's really been able to open up to in a while and shes so excited that you really are the center of her happy little universe right now (common behavior between two little girls).

I think a couple of my female friends are hott, but I don't think I could ever actually hit on them... lol

I think it really depends on the individual woman. I had a woman who said she was straight, had her head on my lap or shoulder half of the time, she'd make comments about how another woman looked, etc... For her it was all normal behavior.

Other women, such as my best friend and next closest female friend, if I told either of them about what a cute this or that they had, I'd probably get slapped or verbally repremanded for it, friend or no friend.

It just varies. You could always question more playful than serious about her attraction to you and everything, that may actually get more answers than if you got her into a corner and started asking yes or no questions.

I think it really depends on the individual woman. I had a woman who said she was straight, had her head on my lap or shoulder half of the time, she'd make comments about how another woman looked, etc... For her it was all normal behavior.

Other women, such as my best friend and next closest female friend, if I told either of them about what a cute this or that they had, I'd probably get slapped or verbally repremanded for it, friend or no friend.

It just varies. You could always question more playful than serious about her attraction to you and everything, that may actually get more answers than if you got her into a corner and started asking yes or no questions.

lol... this is also true. Not every woman is like this. Luckily I work with a wild bunch. If I did this to my best friend she would scream and run.

okay, so I just need to get to know her a little more to see if it's just her regular behavior with friends? cause she isn't like that with the other girl we work with....but we may have just clicked a little more.

thank you so much you guys....it's REALLY appreciated (didn't know who else I'd ask)

lol... this is also true. Not every woman is like this. Luckily I work with a wild bunch.

Sounds like quite the fun group to work with, my coworkers are so uptight it isn't even funny. I'd like to trade them in sometimes if I could.

Yes, some women are just open and have no qualms about such comments because they're secure in their sexuality, there is nothing to hide or fear really, and it is light hearted fun for most.

If I did this to my best friend she would scream and run.

Mmhmm, reminds me of my friend.

Then again, sometimes she surprises me at the oddest times.

okay, so I just need to get to know her a little more to see if it's just her regular behavior with friends? cause she isn't like that with the other girl we work with....but we may have just clicked a little more.

I think that might be the best, she may just be really open and friendly as such and since you seemed to take it all in stride or humor there is no harm. If so she may assume the other coworker is not as open, didn't click or doesn't want to know her as well for some reason. I'm sure her intentions will show soon if she is that brazen.

If she isn't straight I doubt after all this she will have any problems bringing it up but most women I've met that are lesbians and myself included, wouldn't be that outgoing with a woman we like for the fear that we'd have problems.

I'd actually be more free feeling like that if I didn't like the woman that way.

So its probably nothing to worry any about.

I have a friend at work who is a lesbian and although she is having emotional problems at the moment... she would have fun with us being a goof-ball, etc. I'm the only one that knows she's a lesbian and I think it's funny that she gets all uptight when this girl at work who she "does" have an attraction for comes around. She will not act like that in front of her. But with all of us straight girls, she's wild and crazy.

I think she's hitting on you. Women are typically pretty friendly with each other and may comment occasionally on how beautiful or cute another woman is. However, if it's excessive then it crosses the line between friendly and hitting on. Also, if a woman was telling me how much she liked seeing my bum every day and how cute it was, that's not normal behavior and it sounds like she's hitting on you.

Next time she's making comments about your bum, I would just say jokingly, "You want me, don't you?" And see what she says.

Next time she's making comments about your bum, I would just say jokingly, "You want me, don't you?" And see what she says.

It's a great idea! LOL I think it would shock her to see how quick witted you can be with a come back. I did this once to a woman who was going on and on about how beautiful she thought I was. All the attention was making me nervous and I didn't know how to respond, so I told her, "You're a hot sexy babe yourself!" The look on her face was so funny. She was not expecting it.

• 3 months later...