its gonna sound silly but my boyfriend of 2 and a half years recently said that he wanted to spend less time with me even though we only spend very small amounts of time together at college, his best friend even told me he is attracted to loads of other girls and that he thinks i am moody and he thinks that i ignore him alot, this isn't true! i do love him to bits i would do anything for him, but when i find out things like this it makes me insanely jealous and annoyed

i hope someone can relate to this becuse i feel alone

i know this is one of the more pathetic threads and it seems petty but i need to know if anyone is going through the same feelings i have at the moment!

thanks

S x

I can understand how you feel. Really. It's not a good feeling.

But you have to respect what your boyfriend wants. But don't let him fool you. His friend even told you that he finds other girls attractive. Make sure he's not using this extra time to meet other girls. That would not be fair to you, especially if he's still keeping you on the side. And honestly, that's what it seems like he's doing.

You have to think about you here also. Is this something you can deal with? What were his reasons to want to see you less?

Do you feel like you should have to sit back and see your boyfriend less than you already have? You are his girlfriend. It would be one thing if he asked to take a break, but another to still keep you hanging.

But the last thing you should do is keep trying to change his mind. Obviously he already made his mind up about wanting to spend less time together, so just trying to change his mind will push him away even more.

highly suspicious I would say -- are you two freshmen? That's sometimes the hardest time because you're meeting loads of people around your age, with specialized interests, etc..

I would just let him have his space, but not before talking to him about it. I would try (if it were me) to get the upper hand back. If he wants space, you need to figure out why, and decide whether you think it's valid. Set rules. Don't give him this time to go cheat, because if that is his idea of space, you need to get over him.

Sounds like your boyfriend has lost interest. Maybe have a nice rational talk with him about your relationship. No yelling, arguing, or crying. If he doesn't want to be with you anymore, move on and find someone that will. Being alone isn't that bad, and its a ton better than being with someone who treats you like your not important! Good luck, I'm sure you'll figure it all out!

he thinks i am moody and he thinks that i ignore him alot, this isn't true! i

Are you sure there is no truth in this?

And why are you talking more to his best friend about your relationship than to him?

I don't know you or your relationship at all, but from what you've told me here, he already has one foot out the door.

Think about it: when you truly care for someone, do you want to cut yourself off from that person and start finding everyone else attractive? It just doesn't make any sense.

If you guys are just getting used to college, then you might have to let him go for the time being. If he really wants his freedom and to date around, then he WILL do it regardless of what you – or ANYONE – says to him.

You have a right to know what he wants, and for an explanation. You're his girlfriend. Don't ask for an explanation, expect and demand one.