Who Else Has Paid a Visit to a Psychic?

zpivat

"If You've Ever Made a Consultation With a Psychic Regarding Your Love Life, Either Recently or In The Past, Read On..... "

When we are desperate in life, especially when it comes to romance issues, often we seek out "extra help", and such a help can be in a form of a psychic consultation. There are many deceitful psychics who just want to scam your money, but many are genuine as well.

I would like to know if any of you take seriously the recommendations/facts that a psychic ever told you?

Just to be honest, a couple months ago I talked to one. An honest one actually. What for?

Here's the story been very close friends with a girl/woman, and I have fallen for her for a long time. She just got out of a very bad 6-year relationship about 8 months ago, and that's why I am taking things easily with her. We have shared a lot of good times together, plus a few hugs and kisses, but I don't want to force her into a commitment, for I value her very much, and would not want to impose any pressure to her. We are officially "friends", but I think we both know that we're more than that, albeit not official.

I really would love to end up with her someday, and possibly spend the rest of my life with her. But in the past I've been hurt really badly by other people, so this time I am being careful and trying not to put my heart on my sleeve.

Out of curiosity, I talked (emailed) to the psychic (believe me she is quite accurate. She could describe how I looked like in great details, without even seeing my photo!), just to get some assessments about our lives in general. While some of the things that she said were accurate, some were not.

For instance, she told me that I should not get involved when I am not ready, and that I should not try to create a relationship blindly. Well that statement kind of upset me actually. I'm a very cheerful and positive person in general, and I just would like to share my life with someone. Often in the subway I see couples who are so in love with each other, and I often wish I were with that girl.

I am not a desperate person. I'm 22 and I don't think I'm too young to have a girlfriend, as I believe most of you would agree. I have a very busy life, taking care of my (heavy) school loads, running my Internet venture, going out with friends,etc. but she always stays in my heart, and can't wait to give her all that I have to offer.

The psychic also told me that she knew I was planning to give a ring to the girl, and she advised me not to do it, or else I'd end up being hurt. Well that was not true at all! While it would be a dream come true if I could marry the girl, that's my future plan, and for right now I just want a solid commitment with her, and I am asking for nothing more than that. I am concentrating on finishing my education now, and giving the girl a ring is the last thing in my mind right now.

Another sad thing that the psychic said was that while the girl and I make extremely good friends, romantically it wouldn't work. Well we've known each other for 3 years now, and since the first day I met her, we've never been into a single fight; let alone an argument. We share the same views of life, believe in many same things, have very similar interests, and even the same religion. We simply get along really well (too well, I'd say), and I really don't understand how we can't work out a romantic relationship. I believe a strong friendship is the base of a strong relationship/marriage, don't you agree?

I'm not putting the blame on the psychic of course. She is only human, and I don't think any psychics on the face of the earth can be 100% accurate all the time.

I could spend the whole evening writing about this, but my questions are these:

- From your experience of going to a (genuine) psychic, did all the predictions come true? Do you really put your life to their words, or do you trust your own guts?

- Have you ever been told something really bad/sad by a psychic, only to discover later that the outcome turned out to be the opposite (i.e: really good)?

- Do you think that a person's future soulmate/wife/husband has been predetermined at this point in time? Or our actions/believes shape our destiny?

I've been thinking about her words a lot, and if it's indeed true that I wouldn't end up with the girl anyway, then may be I shall stop trying to win the girl's heart. My heart doesn't say that though; I am genuinely in love with her and would be willing to wait indefinitely until her heart really heals.

But if our destiny has been cast in stone, then I might as well stop trying, as I am tired and scared of getting hurt.

I would truly appreciate your comments/views. Have yourself a nice day!

There are very few bonafide "psychics" or people with gifts of the sort. They cannot tell thje future.

Adding to her lack of authenticity is her giving very vague advice that us enotaloners could give you if you presented your problems here first. And as far as I know, I'm not psychic. If she was "genuine", she couldn't work from an "email".

Thanks for your comments. No matter how short/long, I'd appreciate them. Keep posting people!

To Tyler711

I'm not talking about a psychic from a stand. That sure IS a waste of money

To fairie16

If you read my post carefully, I mentioned that the reason why I consulted with her was because I wanted a general assessment of my life with the girl right now and in the future. I did not do it because of any problems whatsoever. Everything in general is alright with me and the girl; we are extremely good and close friends, but I would like to know if it has a potential to develop into something more serious in the future.

About her giving a consultation from email: it is not correct to conclude that the psychic was not genuine just because she gave an email consultation. Their so called "gift" transcends through time and space, and they do not have to be physically present in front of us in order to pick up information about us (just like you don't have to be in front of a radio station in order to listen to the broadcast).

All they do is they just have to "zone-in" on us (i.e: through name and birthdate, mostly).

As I mentioned, she was extremely accurate on some things, and I mean that sincerely. However she is only human, so of course sometimes she could be inaccurate too.

Here is the thing about psychic's. Yes, I do believe some of them are genuine and it is possilbe that the one you corresponded with was/is. BUT.. A psychic can only predict the future based on the road you are following. You could change directions at any time for any reason. The future is never written in stone.

Nah, I never have and I never will. I can have any other person lie to me... for free. Why pay some 'psychic' for made up information when I can get that at no cost from anyone else?

My mother was a so-called 'psychic'. Trust me, when you grow up with people like that, you learn more than a few things. Hence, my cynicism towards it.

Then how do you explain all the extremely accurate and dead-on info that she told me.....they were not lies.

Did she ask you questions before she told you this?

Who cares what the psychic says. Do what your heart says. In astrology they'll say, for example that a female Sagittarius and a male Pisces are not a good match. Does this mean that if I meet a female Sag that I'm going to ignore her because her bithday is in December?

- From your experience of going to a (genuine) psychic, did all the predictions come true? Do you really put your life to their words, or do you trust your own guts?

Again, trust your own guts. Don't let anyone else make the decision for you just because a mage appeared on a card. And no, they were wrong about me.

- Have you ever been told something really bad/sad by a psychic, only to discover later that the outcome turned out to be the opposite (i.e: really good)?

I was told by a psychic that I wouldn't meet a girl for 7 years. That was in the fall of 1999 and she is right on the button. But my shyness and looks have more to do with that than anything. She probably sensed my lonliness and saw no end in sight.

I see psychics every now and again for $10 just for a glimmer of hope, just to hear that a woman is in my future. I leave with nothing more than a "we'll see" attitude. For you, I don't think that a psychic should tell you what's going to happen with your girl or any girl. It's up to the two of you.

LoL

I saw a psychic once. When my friends and I graduated from high school, we ALL decided to get our palms read by a psychic near the beach, just for the hell of it.

(That lady was well established, obviously, if her business is going to be right near the beach).

Anyway, her predictions about my love life were way off.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I really think people create their own desitiny.

It's scary to think that someone else will tell you your own destiny. Besides, it's pretty scary to think that perhaps someone with malintentions (or even good intentions) will hold your destiny in their own hands so that they can somehow make a living.

A true psychic is someone who doesn't use it for profit.

I do believe that there are people who are very EXTREMELY intuitive. I'm pretty intuitive. When I see someone, a lot of the times, I'll get some random impression about them, and a lot of the times, I'm right.

Point is- you create your own destiny. If you like this girl, and if things work out, then great!

Btw, I DISAGREE with your psychic when she says that you guys are better off as friends than lovers. One of the BEST romances in life stem from 2 people who start off as friends, who share similar values, who are BOTH mutually attracted towards one another.

She's not a professional. I woudln't believe her if I were you. (Btw, my ex totally believed word for word what his psychic told him- said that we were soulmates, but guess what? I don't feel the same about him- so his psychic was wrong).

Did she ask you questions before she told you this?

No, she did not ask me any questions at all. Everytime I emailed her, I only told about general things, and she responded with some things that were so accurate.....dead-on info which I never thought she'd have guessed.

Who cares what the psychic says. Do what your heart says. In astrology they'll say, for example that a female Sagittarius and a male Pisces are not a good match. Does this mean that if I meet a female Sag that I'm going to ignore her because her bithday is in December?

I think astrology is somewhat more lenient. They're just general info about patterns/people's characters, which may not be necessarily true all the time. So yes I agree with you: while there are some guidelines that seem to be true, we should not completely rely on it.

Astrology has been disproven by science, so it is completely for entertainment purposes only. At one time in history, people thought of astrology as a real science; we've come so far since then! Going by astrology, I'm a cancer. Guess what? I'm an aquarius. They could not be more opposite. lol

Btw, I DISAGREE with your psychic when she says that you guys are better off as friends than lovers. One of the BEST romances in life stem from 2 people who start off as friends, who share similar values, who are BOTH mutually attracted towards one another.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

LoL

I saw a psychic once. When my friends and I graduated from high school, we ALL decided to get our palms read by a psychic near the beach, just for the hell of it.

Lol...thanks for the reply BillyJean714 Well I don't trust palm reading too much though. It truly depends on the skills of the reader, and I personally wouldn't take the info seriously, because it comes from our hand; something earthly which are open into interpretation. That psychic that I talked to: she's a Christian one, doesn't do any palm reading, and does not need Tarot card whatsoever. All she needs to do is meditate and communicate with guardian angels.

(That lady was well established, obviously, if her business is going to be right near the beach).

Anyway, her predictions about my love life were way off.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I really think people create their own desitiny.

It's scary to think that someone else will tell you your own destiny. Besides, it's pretty scary to think that perhaps someone with malintentions (or even good intentions) will hold your destiny in their own hands so that they can somehow make a living.

A true psychic is someone who doesn't use it for profit.

I agree: but as much as that, they are humans too and need to make a living. She only charges $10, which I think is very reasonable. I have heard of stories about people who sadly met with scamful psychics, who want to charge as much as $20,000. Outrageous.

I do believe that there are people who are very EXTREMELY intuitive. I'm pretty intuitive. When I see someone, a lot of the times, I'll get some random impression about them, and a lot of the times, I'm right.

Point is- you create your own destiny. If you like this girl, and if things work out, then great!

Exactly!!! We have so many common things, and everytime we meet, we always have extremely good times. We help each other a lot, we comfort each other, she makes me laugh, I make her laugh. If these things are true for us as friends, then why could these not be true for us as lovers?! I don't see how we can't get along in romance anyway. I am a pretty flexible person myself, am not picky, hate arguments, and always seek peace. I never drink or play with different girls or anything like that. I'm in for the long haul. I truly hate games, and that's why I would like to offer her my loyalty and sincerity. Well again, we never know though.....the psychic could have been right afterall, although until this very second, I still cannot see why we would not get along.

It's not that she just made it up or anything though. She felt that the girl doesn't see me as a romantic "forever" type of person, and hence she told me that. However I expected to hear that though. Afterall the girl just got out of a very bad 6-year relationship, and now she has a lot of things to take care in life (i.e: very busy), so I can understand that for now, although I hope that I stand a chance in the future, say, 3, or 4 years from now may be.

She's not a professional. I woudln't believe her if I were you. (Btw, my ex totally believed word for word what his psychic told him- said that we were soulmates, but guess what? I don't feel the same about him- so his psychic was wrong).

This soulmate issue can be controversial I think, and it really depends on the interpretation of each psychic, as well as his/her true intentions. Some (bad) psychics tell us the things we want to hear, which is not always necessarily a good thing.

However, the accurate things that she told me were factual info that I knew were true. I did not tell her anything, nor did I give her any hints at all, and yet she was right on.

Apart from some of the inaccurate things that she told me, there were many accurate ones, and I will tell you one of them: remember I said that the girl just got out of a 6 year relationship?

I never told the psychic anything about that, and guess what she told me: "your girl is not ready and still cannot forget about her ex yet. The ex is not a good person, who plays with her and other people. The ex is also seeing a girl, who is now pregnant."

All of this were true, and she told me these without my giving any hints at all. She lives in USA and the only way we communicate is through emails, so there is no reason for me to disbelieve her, I guess.

Anyways, there were some other things that were even more dead-on, but I don't want to 'scare' people or anything so I won't say more about it.

• 3 weeks later...

No, I've never been to a psychic, nor am I ever likely to. Predestination or not, I want to at least keep the impression that my life is my own.

As far as the one you talked to zpivat, just about everything you reported that she said is what I would expect anybody with a good dose of common sense to say. Most relationships don't end in marriage (people who marry their first gf or bf are definitely in the minority, pretty much everyone has at least one, if not many, relationship that ended) so saying things are not likely to work out is simply what the odds say.

Most of what I can see of the psychic trade is a good dose of common sense, insight into the human mind, picking up of non verbal (and verbal for that matter!) cues, body language, and a quick interpretation of what you say, write, do or look at after each part of the communication. It's surprising the generalities you can sometimes find. For example, it's possible in some cases for some people to look at somebody else and determine with a startlingly high degree of accuracy what kind of car they drive without ever talking to or writing to them. It's all in the demographics, looks, dress, mannerisms, overall appearance etc. I'm sure that sort of thing applies accross the board in all types of different ways. I'm also sure that there are a number of people on this board who had a response to a single post they've made and they can't believe how accurate the responder is considering they've never met or communicated before.

Psychics have (or should have) no part in science nor a thread in psychology, simply because there has yet to be some solid evidence, or any evidence for that matter that supports its claims. Where is some proof? Without evidence, it's all up to subjective reasoning. And in science and psychology, it's very difficult to mesh the two sides of the coin together and expect people to believe in your approach.

Unfortunately, most psychics who are making money off of their services, like that Miss Cleo lady, are mainly in it for scheming and manipluating others by means of making some cash. Same goes for that David DeAngelo fellow who publishes these one nigh stand type dating tips guide. While some of his material may work for some people, his intentions underneath the surface are wrong.

Think about what you do before you do it.

Just my two cents.

Going by astrology, I'm a cancer. Guess what? I'm an aquarius. They could not be more opposite. lol[url="file

My birthday is right on the cusp of Cancer/Leo. Sometimes it will be included with Leo, but most of the time it's the last or second last day of Cancer. Going by most of the astrology things I've read, I'm definitely more of a Cancer. But one measly day wrong and I'm a Leo? A water and fire sign, much different! Right then, I knew I didn't believe it.

When I was growing up I had my mom read my cards numerous times she was always right on. even predicting when I would meet this one guy and she descibed him and everything. I also had my coffee grounds read by my aunt she told me about a situation involving 3 people... she descibed some aspects to me. I always thought she was way off until this last year the situation played itself out almost 12 years later. I have never had a psychic tell me what to do though.