Rules between CoWorkers

tiki

What do u guys think about dating coworkers? We just hired a new guy @ work and we hit it off. But i've always tried to separate my dating life and work life and i've been pretty good at it...only this time i like the guy a lot.

So...yes or hell no?

You have to go with how you feel. If you feel strongly enough about him, and he feels the same, then go for it. It could be the best move of your life! But if you do split up it would be awkward for a little while.

Hk87

i allways felt the same way. but i thought i would give it a chance with a co worker after a few months of working together. it was great until we broke up now i have to see him everyday and everyone at work knows are buiness. i wouldnt reccomend it.

You know how you feel about HIM....but how do you feel about your JOB?

Some companies have written policies prohibiting co-workers from dating. What's your company's policy? Relationships, more often than not, do not work out. It's common to have a messy ending when things don't work out. How would you feel having to work with someone you either had dump or who dumped you?

If you don't much care about this particular job, do what you like. However, if you like or need this job and/or other jobs are hard to find where you live, you're probably better off keeping that wall between your work life and your professional life.

I agree with S2S. My friend has a saying, "Don't poop where you eat." I think it's apt in this case.

Chances are, things won't work out between you two (most relationship don't work out) and then you're stuck working with him.

Also, if your company has a policy against dating coworkers, one or both of you may lose your job.

I say, don't do it, just find out if he has a single brother.

it depends how professional the both of you can behave at work. For example imagine you had a blazing row one night then had to work together the next day. Do you think you could work properly?

Personally I wouldn't do it unless it is a big company say and you were both in different departments or on different floors.

I agree with rosstheboss, if it's a big company and you're in different departments, then that can be fine.

I've seen married couples work together, and it ain't pretty. I would always bring my personal bag of popcorn with me because every other day there were huge arguments.

If you think both of you are mature enough to handle seeing each other every day if you were to break up, then I say go for it. But how many times does that happen?

"blazing row" - nice

Man, if I had a blazing row with some girl I met at work, I would love to see her at work the next day. Can you imagine the flirting and energy that would be there? Pull her into her cube for a bit and when someone's not looking...

it depends how professional the both of you can behave at work. For example imagine you had a blazing row one night then had to work together the next day. Do you think you could work properly?

Personally I wouldn't do it unless it is a big company say and you were both in different departments or on different floors.

well, i work for a big company and we work in different buildings so i WOULDNT see him on a regular basis if we were to break up. I like my job, but i'm leaving to transfer to a different college in the Fall so i will be quitting sometime soon.

He's hot so I'm going for it. haha!