Do men generally carry around condoms?

I think it's better to carry a condom around. Better to be safe than sorry.

People can read into it as much as they want, if you are going to have sex with somebody without a condom you would be mad

Let people think what they want. Just look out for your own well being.

Ah...what's the quote so famously heard about this...

"It's better to have one and not need it, than to need one and not have it"

Hehe, well anyways, I don't think every guy carries them around...I had before but figured that was stupid, and I leave it hidden in my car. That and I read a 'story' about that convinced me to leave it in my car and not in my wallet hah.

For all of you who carry condoms in your wallet, and I'm sure your wallets are carried in your pockets am I correct? Well, carrying condoms in your wallets, if they are in your pockets, can damage them which can lead to pregnancy. So leave the condoms at home or find a place closer to room temp. to keep them which rules out the glove compartment in your car.

I think it's good to have some in your nightstand or something, but I sure would not be carrying them around in a wallet/car. Your body temperature, the car temperature, outdoor temperature and the stresses added to the condom from your wallet and being in your pocket can all damage the condom (and you may not be able to tell by looking at it) and leave it pretty ineffective in terms of birth control and STI prevention.

Personally if someone has one in their pocket, I immediately think they have the mind of a teenager....why would you need one in your pocket or car...my first time with a guy sure won't be happening in the backseat or at a movie theatre! Keep them where you will generally use them at least the first time or so - at home!

I think carrying condoms around with you is sending the wrong message...

It is basically saying: "I'll just pay for the date... Oops, what's that, a condom! Oooh, time for some action..."

And I don't believe it should be like that.

I did know a woman who kept condoms in her bedside table.

Bear in mind, I was dating at the time - and I thought it was rather slutty; seeing as she had no boyfriend and all.

I think carrying condoms around with you is sending the wrong message...

It is basically saying: "I'll just pay for the date... Oops, what's that, a condom! Oooh, time for some action..."

And I don't believe it should be like that.

I did know a woman who kept condoms in her bedside table.

Bear in mind, I was dating at the time - and I thought it was rather slutty; seeing as she had no boyfriend and all.

Hey now! I kept them in my bedside table! Why throw out a perfectly good package of condoms just because the boyfriend is gone!

Maybe I'm just old fashioned

But I saw it as setting expectations on a date - especially when they were on display LOL.

Hmm, well mine were not on "display", but they were there.

I guess I like to have the expectation that one day again, I WILL have sex with someone!

Wow! Thanks for your replies!

Before, I didn't think that carrying a condom could be construed as having certain expectations. Like, if a guy with some food allergy carries around his epinephrine shots to a restaurant, he is not "expecting" to have an allergic reaction.

But I guess with condom it's a bit different. Or is it that different?

I don't know if there will be more replies to this, but now for the women - would you expect your man to be "prepared" all the time?

Wow! Thanks for your replies!

Before, I didn't think that carrying a condom could be construed as having certain expectations. Like, if a guy with some food allergy carries around his epinephrine shots to a restaurant, he is not "expecting" to have an allergic reaction.

But I guess with condom it's a bit different. Or is it that different?

I don't know if there will be more replies to this, but now for the women - would you expect your man to be "prepared" all the time?

I don't think those two are the same. I know some people highly allergic, and you cannot GUARANTEE in a restaurant you won't be exposed to some traces of nuts, etcetera. An allergic reaction wtihout an epi-pen with you can mean death.

Did you hear about that recent case of a teen dying because of a kiss from their partner? Because he(she?) had eaten nuts/peanut butter.

Now if you are caught without a condom, you just don't do it! Or go buy some!

Seriously, why carry one around with you? Why would you want your first time together to be done in the backseat or something? Sex should not be something that the first time together is sort of "yeah, let's do it" as I really think before you do you should of talked about it, discussed contraception, sexual health history, etc.

For me, I would not expect him to be walking around with condoms no...I would think it was both "stupid" given that they are not being stored properly, would think he was trying to "impress" friends, and that if it was early on in dating..ie first date...he was looking to get lucky and that's it. Before you have sex, you should be talking about it, and coming to some decisions together. And THEN you can decide whom should be prepared with what.

lol my boyfriend has about 8 on him at the moment.

Blimey, how many times do you plan to do it with him before you get back to one of your places. I mean 8 is that necesary??? The most I have carried is 3 and well managed to get through 2. But 8, is he some kind of sex machine monster or something?

I keep them in my truck.. But, on the usual instance, I'm in a relationship before I end up sleeping with someone, and I have the knack for finding the women on birth control, or who want to start it, and who are clean/tested/virgins.

So, I use them rarely.