What do Girls like about Guys?

anitsirc

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh Ooh Ooh! Let me see...

- Intelligence

- Verbally adept in ways that make me blush (lol)

- Compassionate and sensitive

- Witty, playful sense of humor

- A deep voice like Trace Adkins

- Broad shoulders and strong arms (Yum!)

- Someone who loves children

- Someone who loves life and isn't afraid to try new things

- Someone who has the stamina to listen to me talk for hours.

Hello. What I am about to tell you is the truth. The people who run this forum will probably remove it because they are here trying to let you all build up your self-esteem and such, and that is wonderful. But I am going to tell you the truth - and the truth won't always make you happy. Decide now if you want the truth or you want to be happy. If you want to be happy- stop reading now.

What I am about to tell you is the truth and it is in lots of books and lots of people who are trained in such things know it. The truth is women like to social climb or as the academics call "marry up". It is a phenonmen that is observed in every society all over the world. Women want someone who is richer than them. When women who are my "friends" say to me "why are you single" and I say that because I don't have a house and a fancy car and don't earn a lot of money they scoff at me and tell me that women are not materialistic. When someone says this to you ask them one question: "Do you think if I had a personal wealth of $8million that I would be single?". The answer is of course unequivicably "no". If they answer yes they are either stupid or in denile. So boys-you want chicks? Get wealthy or get famous. Simple. They don't have a 'smilie' for bitter and nasty, otherwise I'd put it here.

FIRST OF ALL- that is like saying ALL men are cheaters.

Yes there are golddiggers out there just as much as there are scumbags of men.

I have been dating my boyfriend who has no money right now for the past two years while I have had several men with good jobs and a lot more moeny ask me out and I NEVER even considered it an option.

I fell in love with this man because he was sweet, shy, and intelligent. Because his sense of humor lit up my days...not because of how much money he had in his wallet or what kind of car he drove.

The women who marry rich or want to marry rich are sad women who don't think they can make it on their own so they have to rely on a man or the hope of that to be something pathetic.

What I LOVE in a man

-sensitivity

-INTELLIGENT

-silly, has to make me laugh

-SHY SHY SHY , i love SHY

-Clean cut

-preppy

-likes to smile

-likes to travel and learn new cultures

that about has me swept off my feet

and a nice tush doesn't hurt, hehehehehe \\

Girls like cars and money

Are you sure you didn't get that off of some punk rock song? I swear I could've heard that on the radio...

I try not to set my standards to an unreasonable level, but there are a few things that are necessary:

-honest and reliable

-compassionate

-willing to try new things

-self-assured

-opinionated (however, open-minded and not pushy)

-wants children

-some degree of physical/sexual attraction

-doesn't smoke or do drugs

Of course there are other things I look for in a man, but many of them were named in previous posts.

Girls do like cars and money. But girls also like an orgasm every time she has sex, someone who anticipates her every mood and adjusts their actions accordingly and someone who buys them the perfect gift for every single holiday. Oh, and someone who reads their mind so they don't have to give you little hints that you never interpret anyway. That stuff only exists in our dreams-- and we are perfectly happy without it.

The most important stuff-- the stuff I won't compromise is this, basically: a good sense of humor, being considerate, sexual attraction, a good smile, a gentleman (opens doors, etc.), and someone who listens to us. Treating a girl well is soooo important (making her feel special), but most normal girls will runt he other way if you become a doormat. Someone easy to talk to and laugh with and makes us feel special.

Yeah, a lot of girls want to marry up. But let me tell you, no matter how much a girl wants to marry for money, the second she finds the right one all that goes out the window.

Hello. What I am about to tell you is the truth.

Hey ggggggetc,

A surprising number of men will agree with you - it's a sad world. Check out this web page - it has a ring of truth

No gender is superior to the other - there's good and bad in both. I think in men it's just more obvious....

well im not a chick, but basically most girls don't care about money. It's all about how you make them feel. But they do like the basic things like sense of humor, common interests, and intelligence, and so on.

Are you sure you didn't get that off of some punk rock song? I swear I could've heard that on the radio...

It is on the radio, and its not punk, its POSER-punk haha. Good Charlotte blows...

I felt like saying that because I really hate that band lol. Any band that has a lead singer that tries to sound like a pre-pubescent male doesn't get my respect.

I've never looked at a guy's wallet or fame as an attractant... preferring shy people like myself I turn away from fame, and I like to pay my own way so how wealthy he is is not a concern to me.

Anyway, back to the original question...

...there are so many things I could list, but I won't list them all because it would take hours, and be repetetive...

That being said I'll list a few things I like about guys...

Soul... he has to have a soul (subjective term, but...)! He's can be as tough as he wants to be (or thinks he is) on the outside, but still has an ooey gooey center with passionate beliefs, emotion, and focus on life... mmm...

Eyes... color doesn't matter, but I do like eyes that convey a sense of depth and intelligence. (long eyelashes are a bonus

Smell... Everyone has their own personal 'smell', like when you walk into a friend's house and it has it's own distinct smell. Since I'm allergic to most artificial fragrances / perfumes, I usually like guys that smell... like a guy. Not sweaty or smelly, just... natural.

Attitude... I like a guy that generally treats me as his equal -- it makes me feel like there's respect and trust between us. I like a guy that will defend me, but knows when to back off and let me stand on my own two feet.

What I especially love about a guy, is watching him do what he does best... if they're sporty I love watching them giving it their all in a game, if they're artistic I love to watch them draw or listen to their music, etc... I guess it's part of the first thing I mentioned -- soul.

But I'll settle for really good looking but not that funny.

I'm the other way around. There are thousands of very attractive guys out there, but for some reason, the guys who are making everyone (including me) laugh always seem to get more of my attention than those very good looking guys. Guys are automatically 10 times more attractive if they can make me laugh. It's so magnetic.

Hi bassically ive been having problems will women since day 1. I like women as friends but want a relationship I find it hardly fair and the longer I leave it the worse its getting. I cant bring myself to ask girls out for some reason and there is no magic formula maybe I should just have a few beers but then im likely to act overconfident. I want it so badly my friends and I cant explain but youd need to my situation. What I do understand is girls want different things but none of the ones I like return the favour and will poulation numbers in my age group as having a few extra hundred males im thinking im one of the ones that will never be happy and maybe I should forget it and find someone with the qualities of a normal male friend whose a girl and start shagging her. bit extreme but ive been saying in every post i make im going to try and ask a girl out bull *CENSORED* *CENSORED* *CENSORED* *CENSORED* I know myself im a coward I can fight but i cant ask a girl out and its probably because im ugly. but know ive heard girls talking im not the ugliest and there are much uglier people than me with girlfriends. If I dont gt a girlfriend by the time im 17 im going to castrate myself as i have no need for that its probably inadaquate anyway (too big or too small you know i dont know) Im not suicidal though as I have a loving group of friends but its not the same esspecially if there rubbing your head in there relationship. I would never kill myself as there's more to life than girls like sports but its not the same I think everyone needs that special kind of love of some one and im ashamed but i get reaLLy upset some times over my inabilities. I used to be overweight for 2 years but i overcame that I used to be considered thick but I kept at my work and am now the highest achiever at my school but how can I overcome this barrier without trial and error.

Well, I can't comment on what I like about guys because I am a guy and I like girls. I think that its important to be realistic about what one expects in a partner. Our romantic partners are not going to be perfect...they are going to annoy us, but what matters is that you love them anyway. I am just concerned if we create lists of what we want in a partner, and if we are then disappointed because that person does not fit our expectations. When you truly fall in love, you will find that your partner is better than anything you could ever imagine or ask for.

I won't lie - I DO want a man who has money and a semi-exciting job. What woman wants to date a guy who can't go out and do things because he's broke 90% of the time? Who still lives with his parents at 25 years old? Come on. It's about being able to actually enjoy the time you spend with a guy, and that doesn't usually include having to penny-pinch constantly. It's definitely not about being rich or able to shower me with impractical gifts like expensive jewellery or other useless trinkets. It does, however, feel good to be with a guy who doesn't have to put $3 increments in his gas tank. It's about being able to live life comfortably and do what we want to do.

As for the job, it's just nice when a guy has an interesting job that he's really good at, and is at least in part, passionate about. It's unbelievably attractive to see your man at work, and how truly efficient and calculating he is in what he does. He could be anything from a doctor, to a mechanic, to an accountant. If he does something really well and confidently, there's just something unspoken that exists in observing that, that sucks you right in. Watching a man in his element, handling his business IS attractive.

Some women, on the other hand, are predators for men with money and stature. That's inevitable. These women are usually very selfish and don't particularly care about the guy at all. But I truly believe that most of us just want a man who is financially secure (or has prospects of being), and can do what he wants, when he wants. Sorry, but if you're not a student or 'studious' in some way, being in a constant state of brokeness is NOT attractive.

I DO want a man who has money and a semi-exciting job. What woman wants to date a guy who can't go out and do things because he's broke 90% of the time? Who still lives with his parents at 25 years old

There could be circumstances beyond his control you know. Maybe he is living with his parents because he is also taking care of them, which I would think says something about the kind of caring person he is. Maybe at 25 he is a grad student and has to watch what he spends cause he doesn't have much money now, but will later on? Maybe he was laid off through no fault of his own? Just cause the guy doesn't have much money and currently does not have, or has a "boring" job, does not say anything negative about the person.

I think what you are saying is that the guy should be showing an effort to do things with his life. If the guy is struggling now, that shouldn't exclude him from consideration.

And thanks to the other girls for disspelling the idea that girls are looking for cars, money, and a hot bod.

Maybe its just me being negative, but all you women say you like sensative, funny etc....guys but really isnt it looks that get women first. If a built tan, fit, clean cut guy is walking through a door, who are you going to notice first, the tan built guy, or the nice shy guy holding the door for him and the old lady behind him?

If a built tan, fit, clean cut guy is walking through a door, who are you going to notice first, the tan built guy, or the nice shy guy holding the door for him and the old lady behind him?

All depends on the girl. No wait, they are going to notice the built guy first, because he walks through the door first. But many girls will just glance at him and will focus on the nice shy guy. Apparance is what we notice about strangers first, but it is often a brief superficial glance that we can't control just because our eyes will notice someone before we hear them or get to know them. From there it can be put aside and the focus is on who the person is.

I've heard it said that if you want to know what women want, do not ask women.

Totally false. If a women wanted to know what you liked, wouldn't you want them to ask you? Women want guys to listen to them, they will tell you precisely what they want. And if you listen to them you can woo them easier then you would believe.

When women say they want nice, shy, sensitive, caring.... they mean it. I know from experience. As I've been told on a few occasions, nice is sexy, shy is sexy, and compassion is sexy.

If a built tan, fit, clean cut guy is walking through a door, who are you going to notice first, the tan built guy, or the nice shy guy holding the door for him and the old lady behind him?

I know what my answer to that is. I'm going to notice the hot, tan guy, and then I'm going to tell myself he is out of my league and talk to the regular guy. He's probably nicer anyway and has better stories to tell.

I think being good looking is an automatic default trait which is why it is never mentioned.

Maybe its just me being negative, but all you women say you like sensative, funny etc....guys but really isnt it looks that get women first. If a built tan, fit, clean cut guy is walking through a door, who are you going to notice first, the tan built guy, or the nice shy guy holding the door for him and the old lady behind him?

I (the nice shy guy) have been in this situation plenty of times. PLENTY. It is a huge reason why I have no confidence. There will always be a tall/dark/handsome guy in my vicinity, and not only is he stared at with googly eyes, but I am completely ignored. And if there are more than one, then I am the ugly one in the group, in last place. The odds are stacked against me so how am I supposed to feel and what am I supposed to believe? It's human nature to be attracted to someone who is attractive.

Guys who don't believe women when they say looks aren't important are going by experience. We've seen good looking guys get girls all the time. If it were more balanced, we wouldn't be so down on our looks.

Guys who don't believe women when they say looks aren't important are going by experience. We've seen good looking guys get girls all the time. If it were more balanced, we wouldn't be so down on our looks.

Kyo, I'm not going to let up on you. If its the last thing I ever do, I will get you to see you are a handsome guy and a girl will fall for you and you will be with her. ](*,)

Yes, good looking guys get girls all the time. But who determines what qualifies as "good looking?" What one girl finds good looking may be totally different then what another girl finds good looking. It doesn't really matter. Cause some girl is going to find you attractive, and I just know lots already have. But if you don't find yourself attractive, how do you expect others too? Your attitude will tell them that you don't want them to think it and that hurts your chances.

I'm no model. I'm short, I'm skinny. I don't have muscles, not tanned, not fit. I take care of myself cause I don't want to get sick, but otherwise, I'm average and a geek. So why have I been told I'm cute and sexy? Why have I been the subject of female crushes? Because I am a good person and I believe in myself. If you carry that same attitude, that says you can attract anyone, who knows how many girls you could get.