Stick in now - or regret it later.

We all had to do it.

Or those that did not regret it - and are stuck in poverty or near poverty. People who rely on other people (in your case, Josh) for support are suddenly amazed when they find that their meal ticket has left them, died, or is suddenly jobless or disabled and can no longer bring in the money.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yall are acting like i wouldnt be able to get a job.... I CAN STILL GET A JOB! i can be a vet nurse like i am now and i would get paid REALLY well

I hate to tell you, but I have a college degree in veterinary technology ( I WAS an animal nurse for 4 years after graduating) and there isn't much money to be made.

You need to be proficient in Math and Chemistry, along with Anatomy and Physiology, Pharmacology, it's not an easy degree.

I have no doubt that you can do it, but don't count on it for a meal ticket, the pay isn't that great..that's why I am back in school to be a human nurse. The average salary for a vet tech in Texas in 2005 is $25,000. (and that's with a degree in vet technology-- the pay is even less if you don't have a college degree in it.) That won't even afford you your own apartment let alone a car or a house or utilities etc.

link removed

Regardless, there are tutors who will tutor for little to no charge, investigate more at your school and see what your options are.

Make flashcards and have Josh quiz you. Go to the library and lock yourself up in a study suite and force yourself to stay focused.

You need an education to be able to support yourself, and you will appreciate it when you have it.

Who is telling you you can't get an education?

You are so busy complaining about your situation... but what are you doing to change it?

It's easy to moan and groan about it, but it takes real guts and determination to do something about it.

I don't think you are unintelligent, I think you could do anything you could put your mind to if you worked at it.

What are you willing to do to work at it?

how do u kno im not trying...

I suspect this because I have talked to you and I have heard how intelligent you can be, so that is obviously not the issue.

There are two componants to doing well in school-- being smart, and then putting in the work to put it to use and make the grades.

Since I know you are smart that leaves one thing.

You tend to have a negative and fractious attitude that carries over into everything you do, which is what leads me to believe that you aren't trying as hard as you claim, in addition to former comments that you "hate" school.

well im sorry i have a crappy attitude but not every one can be as positive as you are now if you will excuse me i have some bottles to empty bye

You are the only one who is going to change that.

No one does this to you but you. If you are tired of feeling this way then stop it.

We are here for you when you decide to work towards handling your life in a more self controlled manor.

A crappy attitude is something you choose to carry around. You don't have to be skipping and smiling all the time (believe me we aren't either), but you could at least try to stop being self destructive and try to be less negative.

wow everyone is going absolutly insane about hurricane Rita arent they? it is expected to be a cat 1 when it hits us here. there are expected tornados which is our main concern. joshs aunt and uncle have been doing laundry to get the laundry room clear so we can get in it if needed. my problem is we are going to have to get 6 people and 4 dogs in there and that room isnt very big! im sure we will be lying on top of each other with the smaller people on the bottom. if we can manage to survive that then i will have to get up and go to work and we will be flooded with animals! and now josh brought to my attention that my horse has no where to go. scary! well gotta go to work later! JAMIE GET ONLINE I NEED UR HELP WITH ENGLISH HOMEWORK