I've seen a few movies lately (romantic comedies) "Runaway Bride", "Someone Like You", "Win a Date with Tad Hamilton" and most recently "Alot like Love" ... These films have a few things in common, but I noticed the endings have 1 thing in common, After realizing what she lost the girl goes after the guy!

I've asked this before, but Has this ever happened to any guys here? If you love a girl but she doesn't want to be with you , Did you let go? and after you leave or disappear from her life, did she one day all of a sudden start calling or show up at your house or job? Did you still respect her afterwards?

How about you girls? Have you ever gone running after a guy who always liked (or loved) you after he decides to let go?

How about you girls? Have you ever gone running after a guy who always liked (or loved) you after he decides to let go?

I've been the dump-er more often than the dump-ee, but the answer in either case is no, I didn't go after him.

Movies should not be confused with real life. If the girl didn't go after the guy, the story wouldn't be the same. You wouldn't walk out of the theatre feeling all warm & fuzzy, would you?

For a while when I was single, I had to cut out romantic comedies. They clouded my vision of reality too much.

My best advice would be, never expect any part of a movie, especially love, sex, or luck to be anything like reality.

There's a reason why movies make money- we all pay to see them to escape reality and to be taken into a fantasy world.

It's all script. The real world never follows such a sugar-coated storyline.

I'm not saying it absolutely couldn't happen in real life, but don't ever expect it to play out so nicely/easily/smoothly.

BellaDonna

Hola MiguelAngelo!

It hasn't happened for me either. Once I'm done with someone I know for a fact I don't want them back. It's usually been well thought out beforehand.

I did say in another topic that there was a man I kind of wanted to see again, but that was only because I was a bit bored and he would have taken me out. Still, I didn't see him.

Sorry.

Hola MiguelAngelo!

It hasn't happened for me either. Once I'm done with someone I know for a fact I don't want them back. It's usually been well thought out beforehand.

I did say in another topic that there was a man I kind of wanted to see again, but that was only because I was a bit bored and he would have taken me out. Still, I didn't see him.

Sorry.

LOL Hey Muneca, I like you're outlook. I've done the same "bored" bit myself. Though after reading a post today on the infidelity board, I am now considering taking up yoga.

Salt

I'm sure that it has happened but I would believe that most people dont actually have those kind of feelings for most ex's and arent worried about doing things like that. When a person wants to move on thats what they do, they may think about what they have lost but typically it turns into no more than a thought.

Ya know, these rommantic films are good stories. Loosing something and getting it back against all odds are stories that give us hope. They are similar to comeback sports stories! The problem is, rommance really doesnt follow the same formula. When you loose someone, and they dont want you back its basically over. Its much harder to internally let the woman go from your life then to spend each day trying to get her back.

Gollum, from lord of the rings, suffered immensley because of this. When he lost his ring, he obsessed over it and dedicated his life to getting it back. What if he would have dedicated his life to realeasing his attachment to the ring, so that one day he could live in peace? Thats a bit harder, but thats where he lacked bravery! Something you must have in life.

I thought the same thing though when my girl broke up with me. I felt like it was my time to get her back, that she would want it. But really man, shes got problems. If she gets over them and wants me back thats the only way id consider it. Theres a fine line between rommantic and crazy. If you tried to win back a girl that doesnt like you shed probably think your being crazy and not rommantic.

Aww i hate life at all the heartbreaks!

I've seen a few movies lately (romantic comedies) "Runaway Bride", "Someone Like You", "Win a Date with Tad Hamilton" and most recently "Alot like Love" ... These films have a few things in common, but I noticed the endings have 1 thing in common, After realizing what she lost the girl goes after the guy! I've asked this before, but Has this ever happened to any guys here? If

you love a girl but she doesn't want to be with you , Did you let go? and after you leave or disappear from her life, did she one day all of a sudden start calling or show up at your house or job? Did you still respect her afterwards?

It has actually just happened to me lately(see my posts today)after I let go. She did start calling and showing up at my house. I don't think it happens very often, just from reading other peoples stories, but it can happen........Just don't count on it and try to move on.

As silly as this sounds, most (not all) of my ex's have tried to come back to me. Not always for another chance at a romantic relationship, but for the very least at a chance to be my friend. I think the reason is because of the way I treat the one I'm with, with dignity, love and respect. You can't count on that though and I know I don't. Usually, by the time they do come back, I don't want to have anything to do with them anymore. I've moved on.

I deteste Romantic Comedies with a vengeance not seen since the days of Genghis Khan - they are all so unbelievably contrived, especially the 'teen' ones. They bear virtually no relation to real life.

I am a romantic person, and of course in romance, there is a time and place for fun, but love isn't a joke, it isn't a game, it isn't a comedy.

The way these films are produced like battery hens, the messages portrayed in them become embedded into the psyche of impressionable young people, and may eventually be acted out, or the expectations created will be sorely disappointed again and again...

It happens. People break up and get back together all the time as you can see on this board. People also become just friends and then get back together. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't.

Elizabeth Taylor was married to Richard Burton twice.

Ahhh hummmm. Ted Bundy the charismatic serial killer got dumped, waited a year to get over her, wooed her back, she fell in love with em, then he dumped her at the altar in revenge. (Stranger Beside Me, Ann Rule)

My mom and step dad broke up maybe a good ten times over the course of twelve years dating before they married.

Usually one person ends up resenting the other too much though when it ends really badly.

Sometimes if you know how to make the right play you can get em back and by showing you've changed morally or become more confident.

Most of the comedies you mentioned are highly unlikely hollywood BS.

The most realistic & common romantic comedies in real life are Love & Sex and Swingers.

In the movies its usually the case that one person has his/her head stuck in the clouds and it takes the wonderful 'other half' to leave for them to realise that they really do feel love blah blah

The rest of the time it's the thrill of the chase, we always want something we can't have. Im with the general opinion that if I leave someone I leave them for good, it's not a decision to be taken lightly.