Open Club  ·  91 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

One Hit Wonders...

1 hour ago, boltnrun said:

Applebee's almost ruined this song for me when they used it in their commercials. Bland McFood from a crap chain restaurant. 🤮

😅 I know, I know... it's not the recommended restaurant du jour... love me some spinach and artichoke dip though... with chips... and yeah... this song ain't Vegemite!!!

• Like 1

It’s half ten, the fire is dying, and I’m waiting for my husband to be home.

I keep waking up every couple of months with this song playing so clearly in my head come 6am…!

“I keep hearing footsteps baby, in the dark, oh in the dark.”

x

On 4/11/2024 at 9:32 PM, yogacat said:

😅 I know, I know... it's not the recommended restaurant du jour... love me some spinach and artichoke dip though... with chips... and yeah... this song ain't Vegemite!!!

This is so funny because my perfect date is probably a McDonalds drive thru at 2am to park up, listen to music, eat fries, drink a milkshake, and watch the sun come up 🤣

🍟 🌞 🌚 hahaha x

8 minutes ago, mylolita said:

This is so funny because my perfect date is probably a McDonalds drive thru at 2am to park up, listen to music, eat fries, drink a milkshake, and watch the sun come up 🤣

🍟 🌞 🌚 hahaha x

That would be so romantic, going through a 2am drive thru at McDonalds and watching the sunrise with someone special haha. Can you imagine the looks we'd get from the McDonalds employees and other people in the parking lot? But who cares, as long as we're enjoying our fries and milkshake together, right?

I mean, if a guy said, hey, I'd like to take you to McDonalds for a date, I would be like ahh, okay, if it's McD's, let's definitely do this! And then we can split a 20-piece nugget because let's be real, who can resist McDonalds nuggets?😋

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, yogacat said:

That would be so romantic, going through a 2am drive thru at McDonalds and watching the sunrise with someone special haha. Can you imagine the looks we'd get from the McDonalds employees and other people in the parking lot? But who cares, as long as we're enjoying our fries and milkshake together, right?

I mean, if a guy said, hey, I'd like to take you to McDonalds for a date, I would be like ahh, okay, if it's McD's, let's definitely do this! And then we can split a 20-piece nugget because let's be real, who can resist McDonalds nuggets?😋

I have been to a few fancy restaurants in my time like the rest, and I will say yoga, I couldn’t wait to leave ‘em! 

One of my best experiences with my husband was, we went abroad and in this ancient town with a stone clad marina, after trying so many of the delicate sea food restaurants there, we found a fast food place that had a balcony overlooking the whole thing! We ate burgers and went back there every single night for 5 days - the rest of the holiday! HA! 

I think real late night cinema films are great too, like a 1am showing. Then go get pie and coffee afterwards. Quentin Tarantino, True Romance style! 🥲🥰

LOL! 

x

4 minutes ago, mylolita said:

I have been to a few fancy restaurants in my time like the rest, and I will say yoga, I couldn’t wait to leave ‘em! 

One of my best experiences with my husband was, we went abroad and in this ancient town with a stone clad marina, after trying so many of the delicate sea food restaurants there, we found a fast food place that had a balcony overlooking the whole thing! We ate burgers and went back there every single night for 5 days - the rest of the holiday! HA! 

I think real late night cinema films are great too, like a 1am showing. Then go get pie and coffee afterwards. Quentin Tarrentino, True Romance style!

Don't get me wrong, I've had many a romantic evenings in fancy restaurants & they can be lovely.

I am a bit of a foodie and part of the allure for me is trying new foods and the atmosphere.

But there is something about finding a hidden gem, like that fast food place you mentioned, that can be even more special.

We have this little taco loco spot close by that has outdoor seating and is super casual, it's a food truck that built a little outdoor spot with seating, they have flavoured margaritas and the tacos are the best I've ever had. I go there myself for a little treat every now and then. Plus, I can really dive into eating the guac & not have to worry - lol!

It is so funny that you mentioned Quentin Tarantino. He is one of my favorite directors, I really enjoyed the Kill Bill movies. Pulp Fiction was a bit hard to watch, it was the close-ups, but I think they really added to the atmosphere and dark humor of the film. 

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, yogacat said:

Don't get me wrong, I've had many a romantic evenings in fancy restaurants & they can be lovely.

I am a bit of a foodie and part of the allure for me is trying new foods and the atmosphere.

But there is something about finding a hidden gem, like that fast food place you mentioned, that can be even more special.

We have this little taco loco spot close by that has outdoor seating and is super casual, it's a food truck that built a little outdoor spot with seating, they have flavoured margaritas and the tacos are the best I've ever had. I go there myself for a little treat every now and then. Plus, I can really dive into eating the guac & not have to worry - lol!

It is so funny that you mentioned Quentin Tarantino. He is one of my favorite directors, I really enjoyed the Kill Bill movies. Pulp Fiction was a bit hard to watch, it was the close-ups, but I think they really added to the atmosphere and dark humor of the film. 

YOGA! I mean…. How COOL is UMA with her micro fringe and the shirt and the dark lipstick and her gangly elegance?! 

SAME! Ever seen Jackie Brown? It’s one of my FAVES!!!!!! I’m sure you have anyway! 

That taco place by the way sounds like heaven! That’s exactly the type of thing! Those secret, stumbled upon, unassuming little places! A tiny bar, a kooky family ran restaurant! Anything like that! Or just some sentimental value that makes it beautiful - it could be anything!

We have a family tradition that’s similar. We live so close to a train stop and, when we go take the train with the kids just for a fun little run out, we have “crisp sandwhiches” and a meat named after the place where we’re going which, I can’t tell you for privacy but, the named meat doesn’t actually exist, we just concocted that and our young kids came up with it! So we get a window and table booth/seat in the train and, that’s the food tradition right there!

So many actually, so many when I think about it! It’s stuff like that that kind of, gives places sentimental, special meaning! And it’s often so unceremoniously normal! 

Have a taco for me sometime! I’m well jealous yoga! 🌮 Shock horror - I’ve never actually had a taco before! 😮! 🤣

x

8 minutes ago, yogacat said:

John Travolta can dance 🕺 x

We had a similar sounding song as the song for our first dance when we got married! 

Might have been a little off beat kinda choice I guess but, we always loved the song. When he suggested it, it made sense!

All the pretence of dancing left really and he held me by the waist and I just buried my head into his chest and tried not to cry! 

x

• Like 1

So I have always LOVED dance. Took lessons from the time I was 4 (ballet/jazz/tap/lyrical/totally into Nsync "choreography"). I've always loved every aspect of it - the music, the moves, the sheer athleticism of it.  

But, I never stuck with it. My ex boyfriend, in my twenties, he could pull of these moves with no problem.

So we freestyled, and it wasn't graceful, but it was FUN and free, and I would focus all the training on the way my body wanted to move and feel.  

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, yogacat said:

So I have always LOVED dance. Took lessons from the time I was 4 (ballet/jazz/tap/lyrical/totally into Nsync "choreography"). I've always loved every aspect of it - the music, the moves, the sheer athleticism of it.  

But, I never stuck with it. My ex boyfriend, in my twenties, he could pull of these moves with no problem.

So we freestyled, and it wasn't graceful, but it was FUN and free, and I would focus all the training on the way my body wanted to move and feel.  

@dias takes RnB dance lessons right!? 

You will be a far better dancer than me Yoga!!!

I never did anything professionally or took any classes. I did pole dancing for work of course at the club, and ended up dancing naturally and unorthodoxy probably in my own way as in, how I approach everything which is basically, untrained and feelings/wing it lead! I dance weekly myself but only for myself, it’s a spur of the moment thing, and have done obsessively since being a tiny girl!

How was ballet?! It always looks so graceful. Reminds me of classical music. Technical, extremely accomplished, to look effortless. 

I have my own style of dancing that isn’t anything like the moves in your videos but I can appreciate the sheer discipline and also, remembering the moves and have it all seemlessly synch together!!

Was your boyfriend a technical/pro dancer too? 

x

• Like 1

Thought you might enjoy some of the choreography in this Yoga if you haven’t already seen it! 

With you mentioning your ex boyfriend, it made me think this is the first “masculine” kind of dance sequence I have seen in pop music for along time! 

Kinda cool to have a fellow dancing GAL to look up too!!!

x

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, mylolita said:

@dias takes RnB dance lessons right!? 

You will be a far better dancer than me Yoga!!!

I never did anything professionally or took any classes. I did pole dancing for work of course at the club, and ended up dancing naturally and unorthodoxy probably in my own way as in, how I approach everything which is basically, untrained and feelings/wing it lead! I dance weekly myself but only for myself, it’s a spur of the moment thing, and have done obsessively since being a tiny girl!

How was ballet?! It always looks so graceful. Reminds me of classical music. Technical, extremely accomplished, to look effortless. 

I have my own style of dancing that isn’t anything like the moves in your videos but I can appreciate the sheer discipline and also, remembering the moves and have it all seemlessly synch together!!

Was your boyfriend a technical/pro dancer too? 

x

Ballet was tough.

We did this move called cherry stirrups, which is basically like a calf raise on one leg with the other leg lifted in the air behind you. It requires a lot of balance and strength in the supporting leg. We had to do it over and over again and my calf muscles were burning by the end of class. But I know that the more I practiced, the easier it will become. It's all about building strength and muscle memory. 

Yeah, I love that. He used to dance for a prominent radio station and for an artist that I don't know if you guys might have heard of her but she was pretty popular back in the day. I loved watching him practice his chora and he's just so happy and passionate about it. I'd go to see him in shows and so many women would be just looking at him while he danced and they would be like, "Wow." I'd be like "Hi, I'm YogaCat" with a little bit of side eye. I didn't really care though because I knew that he was coming home with me.

It's just funny how Chora can be such a magnet for women but at the end of the day, it's all about the connection between the dancers and the music.

• Thanks 1