Ex keeps blocking/unblocking, blocking, unblocking me for 10 years!

On 10/4/2023 at 3:43 PM, askdan said:

Hi everyone, I haven't been here for a long time. Just wanted to share a weird story. 

My ex-wife of 10 years ago keeps unblocking me, checking out my stories for a few days/weeks, then blocks me again for a few months to a year, then unblocks me, blocks me again, in an endless loop. 

Our divorce has been a weird one to say the least. She is Russian, I am American, and my friends, family, psychologists, and myself, suspect that she had either narcissistic disorder (severe lack of empathy towards people) or may have a form of personality disorder.

Anyways, to make a long story short, my ex-wife has been single for over 10 years (since our separation/divorce), we haven't been in contact for years, and for nearly a decade now, she keeps this blocking for several months, unblocking for several months, loop.

I've never seen this bizarre behavior to that extend. Several years ago, I did read a couple of articles about it: most experts suggests that exes tend to block/unblock when they miss an ex, when they are miserable, when they get curious about you, difficulty moving on, etc. 

For for so many years?!? What goes? We haven't communicated in years, haven't seen each other in over 10 years. I haven't contacted her for such a long time that I don't even remember which year (she is the one who has instigated the divorce).

Is this s typical normal thing? Anyone out there encountered a similar situation?

Curious to know, 

Dannaz

maybe the questions you should be asking yourself: 

what's missing in your life that you care? 

why haven't you blocked her so that she can't do this? 

Flip the script. is it her for doing this for 10 years or is it you for not moving on from it for 10 years? 

On 10/4/2023 at 3:43 PM, askdan said:

My ex-wife of 10 years ago keeps unblocking me, checking out my stories for a few days/weeks, then blocks me again for a few months to a year, then unblocks me, blocks me again, in an endless loop. 

I say she's 'curious' as to what you're up to.  Don't play this game.  You block her & be done with her.

8 hours ago, electricorchid said:

The answer is she's petty and or has had a very very hard time trying to get over you. That's why

He also hasn't been able to "get over" her. He has made posts a few years ago asking how he can get her to notice and be attracted to him. 

I have no idea why he's even with his current wife. 

Dan, why not divorce your current wife and pursue your ex wife?

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

Ha! Now it's my turn to block her. After 2 years of strict No Contact, she unblocked me again for the 5th time this year. When I saw her as a suggested friend, and it was my turn to permanently block her. 

Glad I finally got to turn the table around! Dumpers who abused their power don't deserve another chance. I am doing much, much better years after the breakup, despite the severe trauma and PTSD (which I have worked on). My current relationship is progressing well, I am a much healthier person both physically and emotionally. 

To all of the dumpees out there, stand up to Narcissists! For some, it might take longer than others. Be patient and don't give up! And yes, No Contact works if you allow it to work, and if you give it time. It's the best way to turn the table around. Even though my ex may be isolated, single, and miserable after so many years, that's on her, and I couldn't care less...

Happy Holidays everyone! ☃️ And remember, the best Christmas gift you can give to your ex, is the gift of No Contact. 

7 minutes ago, askdan said:

she unblocked me again for the 5th time this year. Happy Holidays everyone! ☃️ 

Have a merry Christmas with your wife and please stop keeping tabs on your ex. Give yourself the gift of freedom from the obsession. If you don't want her showing up in your social media feed suggestions, please delete her from ALL your contact lists and devices.  It's just the social media algorithm, not her reaching out. 

• Like 1

I happily and merilly blocked my ex on everything. Let the ex rot in her despair and loneliness. No other person deserves that level of treatment. btw this coming Christmas Eve, will mark 10 years when she told me "I am divorcing your ass, you motherf***er" as we were preparing to go to a Christmas family diner. 

She got what she deserved, and she is the one keeping tabs on me, not the other way around. 

1 hour ago, Wiseman2 said:

Have a merry Christmas with your wife and please stop keeping tabs on your ex. Give yourself the gift of freedom from the obsession. If you don't want her showing up in your social media feed suggestions, please delete her from ALL your contact lists and devices.  It's just the social media algorithm, not her reaching out. 

I completely agree.  Merry Christmas, Wiseman!

• Thanks 1
On 10/5/2023 at 9:50 AM, Capricorn3 said:

^ This.  OP, we have all been following your multiple threads over the years - ALL about your ex wife.  Dare I say, if anyone has narcissistic tendencies and full-on obsession, it is you.  Think about it - TEN YEARS, and you still haven't let it go.  That said, we also know you will deny, deny, deny. Then a few months later, another thread about your ex wife.  It gets old real quick.

^ I can only repeat the above.  Nothing's changed. 🙄

Wow, if I was your current wife and I understood the depths of obsession that you have towards this ex of....10 years ago???  I'd have left you a long time ago.

You expend so much mental energy on this person who, by this time, should be a mere footprint in the fabric of your life.

You'll be back here with a new thread, once you've unblocked her, to tell us all the IG stories she's read.  

We will tell you to block her, you'll spew an entire hateful thread about her, wash, rinse repeat.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, askdan said:

she is the one keeping tabs on me, not the other way around. 

She sent you a message recently? Called you? Emailed you? Came to your home? Commented on your posts? "Liked" a photo or post? ANY form of direct communication in the past month or two? How about in the past year?

Unblocking is not "keeping tabs".