Terrible break up with my gf - Mentally ill?

8 hours ago, Batya33 said:

I think you should not try to find out because of the high risk of severe harm to you including physically.

But, she has a lot of close friends..If she acted this way to every friend of hers, she would have zero people in her life. 

7 hours ago, boltnrun said:

Yes.

The fact that you even want to be "friends" with your abuser is extremely concerning.

Could you elaborate? 

Just now, LiakosN said:

But, she has a lot of close friends.

Do you want to be with her? Usually abusers don't run out of the house or threaten to call the police or do the breaking up. 

It seems like this was extremely toxic and turbulent for many reasons.  It obviously should never get to the point of physical altercation.

You list all your grievances about her but then want to stay in touch and be friends? Has she contacted you? 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, LiakosN said:

But, she has a lot of close friends..If she acted this way to every friend of hers, she would have zero people in her life. 

Could you elaborate? 

Who cares if she only beats up on you or a stranger or only yells when she’s angry. Nasty and violent people can have plenty of friends. And be married.  Look at the guy they now think is the long island strangler.  It sounds like maybe he didn’t abuse his wife - we don’t know yet - and I listened to a podcast where they interviewed a woman who did some project for him and he didn’t abuse her. So ??  
It’s extremely concerning that you want to be friends or even friendly acquaintances with her. 

John Wayne Gacy and the Green River killer had wives and friends. But after it was discovered what horrible people they were I find it hard to believe their friends would say "well, he's not that bad, after all he didn't murder ME, and I admire his 'good qualities'".

Now, I get this woman hasn't murdered anyone. But she abused you and you want to go back for more on the misguided premise that she wouldn't abuse you if you're  "friends" and that it was your fault she abused you anyway.

And THAT is disturbing.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

This is abuse and unsafe behavior. You need to go no contact with this person and move on. She has destroyed your confidence. She abused you yet you are still considering her feelings. This is a dangerous person and if you allow this to continue to happen it will only escalate. It doesn't seem like you're getting anything positive from this relationship and it's not your responsibility to fix this person. Focus on yourself and the things that make you happy and you will attract someone who suits your needs better.