Dating 3/4 weeks. Is it too soon?

So I have been with this guy for around 3-4 weeks. We really like each other and we get along really well. We fool around a lot though and I'll make dirty jokes and we make each other laugh. Mind you, I am a very touchy person. So I like to hug him or touch him any chance I get and he has told me multiple times that he likes it and that it is not a problem for him. I can also get shy around him sometimes. Lately, I have been wanting more though. There was this time he was hugging me from behind and I wanted him to touch me underneath my shirt. I am not good at making the first move so I didn't say or do anything. But is that too soon to be thinking things like that? This is my first relationship by the way. If you have advice that would be helpful, or if you have any ideas on what I should do/say if a situation like that happens again. 

I think you're moving too fast.  Why don't you get to know him better?  What type of guy is he?  What have you observed?  How does he treat others?  Have you determined his personality and character?  Do you know anything about him?  His background?  His family and family life?  Have you engaged in conversations to really get to know him?  

Don't do things backwards. 

I say, pump the brakes and slow your roll. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Are you interested in having sex? If so, please ask your mom or dad to take you to the doctor for a pelvic exam and a prescription for birth control pills or another type of birth control such as an IUD. The doctor will likely give you a free supply of condoms. Make sure your boyfriend uses them properly and uses a new one every time.  Also be sure to educate yourself on STIs and pregnancy prevention.

Be aware that even if you don't plan to engage in actual intercourse, foreplay and other sexual activities can often lead to it anyway, so it's best to be prepared. 

• Like 2

I agree, you should be on some birth control by this age.

Other than being flirty with each other, has he reached out to you, to hold hands etc yet?  That would be expected.  Also, I'm sure he's going to be 'expecting' some physical interaction anytime.

Do you two hang out a lot?  What do you do?  Is nice to actually hang together & watch a movie etc, to cuddle & be 'close'.  It's nice if your partner likes to be close.

But, this is the beginning stages, so interest should be high.  You're in the 'honeymoon stage'.

There is no right time, but STDs and pregnancy are real and will mess up your life.  Please be responsible that means condoms every time.  You can work up to sex and take as long as you need but going slower at your age is the better bet.  Make sure you are comfortable with everything and have talks about how far you want to go before doing stuff.  Don't go too far too fast. 

• Like 1