I need relationship advice on something that happened today.

Hey, so I'm not too sure where to post this, but it seems like a good place to post.

So earlier today I went out with a friend after school to just walk around town, chat, you know, get ice cream. That was fine, great, the thing is I've been crushing hard on this person, and at the end when we were at my bus stop and I was about to get on, we kissed. It was just a peck really, we leaned in at first and then leaned back and they asked me if I wanted to and said sure, so we did. I know, this is just stupid teenager stuff, but my mind is racing and I am so confused and this was my first kiss.

Do they actually like me? I know I like them, but I had to leave right after we kissed. Does that mean it was a date? How do I go about asking them on another? I was thinking of a picnic if we were going to go on another, but I really need advice. I hope I've posted this properly as I am new to this website.

The next time you walk with your friend after school,  ask your friend if he/she likes you in a date type way or what did the kiss mean exactly?  As friends or more?  Get a direct answer and if the answer is in your favor,  suggest a picnic or meet for lunch or something like that.  Or, coffee,  refreshments and a snack.  Keep it casual and easy.  Don't play any guessing games.  Get answers straight from the friend; not here.

3 hours ago, Anonorsomethign said:

I went out with a friend after school to just walk around town, chat, you know, get ice cream. I am so confused and this was my first kiss.

How do I go about asking them on another? 

Do you go to the same school and see each other regularly?  The attraction seems to be mutual.  It was sort of a date. Are you connected on social media?   You can say you had a nice time and ask to do something together again after school or on the weekend. 

Is there also an issue of same gender here such that you wouldn't know if the person is attracted to you of the same gender? Obviously I can't tell with your use of "they".  I agree that make it clear next time that it's meant as a date