An elderly man kissed me on the lips

57 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

I think it's fine to chat with people in the neighborhood. I do all the time and no one has ever tried to kiss me.

This man went way too far, however. He's a perv.

It takes a village -it's very important IMO to be friendly with neighbors.  We have an elderly down the block neighbor.  For a couple of years the elementary school bus stopped right near her home so sometimes in the afternoon she'd be out, greet us and my son, etc -it was so nice for him to get to know an elderly person.  during covid we didn't see her for a few years and when we did again she remembered my son's name, and was just as sweet as ever. Importantly she told me that if it ever was really bad weather to please knock on her door if we needed to wait inside (we never did).  Connections like that are invaluable and so heartwarming and creepy people shouldn't ruin that.  

21 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

It takes a village -it's very important IMO to be friendly with neighbors.  We have an elderly down the block neighbor.  For a couple of years the elementary school bus stopped right near her home so sometimes in the afternoon she'd be out, greet us and my son, etc -it was so nice for him to get to know an elderly person.  during covid we didn't see her for a few years and when we did again she remembered my son's name, and was just as sweet as ever. Importantly she told me that if it ever was really bad weather to please knock on her door if we needed to wait inside (we never did).  Connections like that are invaluable and so heartwarming and creepy people shouldn't ruin that.  

Most people are friendly and welcoming. My car broke down across the street a few weeks ago and several people stopped to ask if they could help in some way. I had a tow truck coming but it was so nice of them to offer. I also met a nice lady on my walk yesterday. Most people I pass on my walks say a friendly hello.

But still, that man was a creepy weirdo. Avoid!

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, boltnrun said:

I think it's fine to chat with people in the neighborhood. I do all the time and no one has ever tried to kiss me.

This man went way too far, however. He's a perv.

I chat with my neighbors, too but not most neighbors.  I don't trust everyone.  No one has ever tried to kiss me either. 

I agree, the perv had some nerve!  🤬

6 hours ago, Lambert said:

unfortunately in life people are old, sick or a true predator.

I say don't take a chance to find it. take it as a warning to stay away. 

Unfortunately,  it's the "normal" looking people who are very weird.  "Normal" people blend in well in society yet act they act badly.  Never let your guard down. 

• Like 2

stay at safe distance, chat if you feel ok with their behavior, I would not even allow them to come closer to kiss on cheeks or give even a hug to be honest. Be alert, if they look like coming closer just back off, this needs practice though, try doing it with your best friend and then with a somebody who is just an acquaintance . People are not required to come close if you are not that known to each other no matter which culture you are from.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Spawn said:

stay at safe distance, chat if you feel ok with their behavior, I would not even allow them to come closer to kiss on cheeks or give even a hug to be honest. Be alert, if they look like coming closer just back off, this needs practice though, try doing it with your best friend and then with a somebody who is just an acquaintance . People are not required to come close if you are not that known to each other no matter which culture you are from.

I met my neighbor the other day and he stepped forward to shake my hand.  I simply took one step backward and said "sorry, I'm not shaking hands these days.  Sorry if it's rude, but I'm not comfortable shaking hands".  He was fine with it, but he's not a perv lol.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/2/2022 at 5:13 PM, catfeeder said:

It's understandable that you're grossed out, and your go-forward defense might be to wear a mask when you make that treck, and blow right by the guy with a wave

That's actually a great idea, I'll be doing that if I see him next. It doesn't help now that it's summer in Australia tho, but I know what needs to be done