Can some think you are great in bed, and others bad?

Of course just like with anything -the way you kiss for example.  It depends on the individual and what the individual subjectively wants. Some want a specific technique and/or have a fetish, others don't assess it at all -would never occur to them to evaluate as good in bed or otherwise (I would never -I don't see the relevance or the point to assess that in any general way) but only focus on how they feel about the person so if they feel loving and express it through sex as one way then it likely will be a good/fun experience.  

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Daisy Brown said:

Is it about skill or more so personal preference / compatibility?

While there is a skill involved, its mostly just compatibility/subjective experience. You can be the most beautiful girl in the word and still be a "starfish" or just incompatible with someone in bed. 

Why asking? Did some guy actually told you that?

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Kwothe28 said:

While there is a skill involved, its mostly just compatibility/subjective experience. You can be the most beautiful girl in the word and still be a "starfish" or just incompatible with someone in bed. 

Why asking? Did some guy actually told you that?

Yeah😐 when we were together, he gave me lots of compliments on how I was in bed and told me I was good. Then I dumped him, and he told me I was bad actually.

first to ever say it, kinda hit my ego tbh

and we were not very compatible in bed. Also he failed miserably in communication and trying to make me feel safe

Why are you letting someone you dated and as you said “dumped” affect your opinion of your sexual activity?  Obviously he just wanted to say something hurtful.
I was told once I must have sexual hang ups because I declined to have sex on a third or fourth date and also without being in an exclusive committed relationship.  I mean he’s entitled to his opinion but I didn’t ask for his opinion nor did I take it to heart. Other than it validated even more my decision to stop seeing him. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Daisy Brown said:

Yeah😐 when we were together, he gave me lots of compliments on how I was in bed and told me I was good. Then I dumped him, and he told me I was bad actually.

Omg, don't fall for it!!

So many people will say such things to hurt you when you break up with them and it doesn't mean it's true. 

Be glad you dumped him and dodged such bullet!!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Daisy Brown said:

first to ever say it, kinda hit my ego tbh

He's a jerk. It's that simple. However get out of the habit of holding up Olympic score cards on sexual performance. While the dated old saying "was it good for you too?" may still be around, do people really rate each other sexually as if it's Yelp app? Ok 0 stars for this bozo then

• Like 2

Short answer is yes. Like most people have already said, a lot of it comes down to physical/sexual compatibility, also mental compatibility, and personal preferences. I have even had really great sex and really bad sex with the same person, and a lot of that depended on my feelings toward that person over time. 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Hey Daisy,

He was just peeved you dumped him! Trying to hurt you back in an immature way!

Great sex is just mostly about chemistry. If you fancy the pants off each other, you're 90% there already. Emotionally reading people helps - you can sense what they like, what they don't, also being forward enough to coo in their ear and ask them what they want, or if they like that etc. you get to find out exactly. Being confident helps as well. If the other person is extremely nervous or uneasy, it rubs off on the other person too, and that's not too great normally. 

I've always said - men need a little experience in bed to be good in general, women just have to be wildly turned on and that's about it. It's not rocket science in my humble opinion! 

There are a few universal no no's but, this site isn't like that so...! 

x