What to make of all this....?

5 hours ago, BreakingBadHabits said:

@SherrySher @MissCanuck @boltnrun @Wiseman2 @DancingFool @Kwothe28 

I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to reply and help with the situation. It was my first ever "heart break" if you will and I got a lot of good insight from you. The interaction on here was really helpful and opened my eyes to a lot of things that I missed or didn't realize at the time.                                                                                 

You're welcome, OP. 

A lot of us have been where you are, in the midst of heartbreak and trying to make sense of it all. We can speak from an objective perspective, but of course it's quite a different experience when you're in the midst of it and your emotions are all tangled up. 

You did the right thing with her mom, and I am sure she understands. You have to act in your own best interests now. 

Take your time healing. You will be much more equipped to have a healthy relationship with someone else when you have recovered from all of this, and you will know what to watch out for. You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders and a kind heart. The right woman is out there, and she will be lucky to find you. 

• Like 1

Like I mentioned, my brother became a father in his 40s. Had 3 wonderful children. 

A wife and children are not off the table for you. Perhaps you'll meet a woman who has one or two kids but wants more. Or who has been married previously but didn't have kids. You never know what's around the corner.

• Like 1
On 8/26/2021 at 8:56 PM, BreakingBadHabits said:

we met at work and dated for almost 5 years. We got engaged last year and were supposed to get married Oct of this year....

Problems started around June 2013. A blast from her past re-appeared in her life. She bumped into him and they exchanged numbers and have known each other for 10 years prior.

I'm confused. You have been dating for 5 years. Why does it matter who she spoke to in 2013, and how long they were involved before that?

7 hours ago, SherrySher said:

You're more than welcome. I hope you continue to post on here and give up updates on how you're doing.

Will do!

Don't give up just yet! 40 is not old! You have lots of time yet. And you could very well meet the love of your life and the next few years and have a family in ten years.

Keep working on yourself and putting yourself in situations where there are good vibes, healthy people and hopeful situations....eventually good will come to you!

Whether it's starting a new hobby, taking classes, (education, cooking, dancing), joining a group for outings and to meet people...don't give up, okay? You deserve so much love. 

This would be the ideal outcome, but we shall see what the future holds! 

On the plus side I know what kind of partner I'm looking for AND I know how to spot the red flags quicker. So there is a positive to all this. 

Thanks again!

• Like 1