Girl I'm seeing is going away for a week and I'm really upset/down

20 minutes ago, GB11CR7 said:

We are an item now. I'm talking consecutive days with her without coming across needy or pushing her away

What? What do you mean by item?

Slow down. You recently met her (3 months is not long!). You can't expect her to put aside her plans to be 24/7 with you.

Easy on the pace. If a guy I've been recently dating tells me he wants to hang out as much as you want, I'd be indeed creeped out, and would think he's selfish and controlling. I'd think he doesn't have a life.

Do you have a life aside from your gf? Why the rush? The first months are the time to consider whether this could be a good relationship, and screen for red flags.

On the other hand, you can tell her you'd like to spend more time together, and see how she reacts.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, GB11CR7 said:

I get she might not want to stay on a work night but is it too full on for me to ask her to spend a couple nights round here?

You have an OK pace now and even future plans. Dont be needy and push it, people dont love that. Your example here is positive one, people usually come to complain about problems, you just ask for a positive advice for a change, dont ruin it. Again, let it develop, dont rush. In time sure, organize a weekend at countryside if both of you like that or even just some SPA hotel or even just chill for whole weekend at yours or her place and in that way spend few days together. If its not convenient because of work, dont push sleepovers. Or even "L" word. She will think you are Ted from "HIMYM" and be scared lol. Relax and let it develop in time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1