She's (likely) leaving in 3 months?

ZebDed

2 minutes ago, LaHermes said:

Not a lot, Zeb, is the quick answer. 

I expect her home country is a long way away?

So, make the best of the three months you have left.

It's France. I'm in the UK, but I have had plans to move back to France - I ran a place there for 2 years and all my closest friends are there...

Also what happens when the feelings grow in 3 months... What then?

Well then, I fail to see the problem.  France it is. Not a million miles from the U.K. either. Just a hop through the Chunnel.

Move back to France yourself once travel becomes easier.   You did mention you had planned to do that anyhow.  

Do you see this relationship moving forward over the next few months to the point where you and she would live together in France. 

1 minute ago, LaHermes said:

Well then, I fail to see the problem.  France it is. Not a million miles from the U.K. either. Just a hop through the Chunnel.

Move back to France yourself once travel becomes easier. 

It's an idea, hoever she lives in North Eastern France. 

It's only been a month, so maybe a bit too early for drastic choices... I'm worried that the feelings will grow over the last 3 months, and how it'll be

2 minutes ago, melancholy123 said:

It's only been a month!  Whatever you are feeling isn't love as it's much too soon.  Perhaps it's good old lust!

Look her up if you go back to France.  Enjoy your time now, and know she's leaving.  

I absolutely agree, but what if these feelings of lust grow (which is possible)? What then, in 3 months time?... 

3 minutes ago, smackie9 said:

Good lord 2 hours and 28 mins isn't going to kill you.

And why not think about this 3 months from now?

Yeah I'd like to enjoy the present...

It would be 6 hours door-to-door, and of course I'd be up for it, but it's up to her isn't it?

1 minute ago, ZebDed said:

but it's up to her isn't it?

I don't see the logic here.  

There would be no 6 hours door to door if (as you have said) you return to France.  Do you intend to return to France anyhow, whether she is in the picture or not.

Why is it up to her?

It is for you to decide whether this is the girl for you.

I don't see the logic here.  

There would be no 6 hours door to door if (as you have said) you return to France.  Do you intend to return to France anyhow, whether she is in the picture or not.

Why is it up to her?

It is for you to decide whether this is the girl for you.

OK, I really like her, things are going great (at least that's how I feel).

It would be 6 hours, because I'll be heading home to the UK before moving to France, and it's unclear when I'll be able to move due to the current state of affairs.

Also, the likely place I'll be in France is the deep South West - she lives in the far North East... so I would have to see how long that takes - France is a rather big country

I am well aware that France is a big country. I have lived there and over the years we drove through France very frequently. The also have an excellent rail transport system (the grande vitesse). 

So you are not in the U.K. now, but are returning there. Yes, I am aware of the ever-changing travel advice/rules. 

One would hope that in three months' time matters will improve and no reason why you cannot move back to France.

Meantime the best advice is not to futurize, let things develop naturally and when you return to the U.K. then decide.

I am well aware that France is a big country. I have lived there and over the years we drove through France very frequently. The also have an excellent rail transport system (the grande vitesse). 

So you are not in the U.K. now, but are returning there. Yes, I am aware of the ever-changing travel advice/rules. 

One would hope that in three months' time matters will improve and no reason why you cannot move back to France.

Meantime the best advice is not to futurize, let things develop naturally and when you return to the U.K. then decide.

That's the plan, but yeah I'll continue to date her and see how things pan out.

Meanwhile, with some flatmates, I've decided to move to another place here... and it turns out she wants to join...

You are trying to predict the future instead of enjoying the now.

I would be wondering why I found out she was leaving in a group setting instead of during pillow talk but hey that is me.

In 3 months you may find you are glad to have known her but it wouldn't have worked out in the long run.  Or her plans may change.  Anything can happen so stop trying to crystal ball this and squeeze as much fun into 3 months as you can.

Lost

2 hours ago, ZebDed said:

I absolutely agree, but what if these feelings of lust grow (which is possible)? What then, in 3 months time?... 

Do your best to make sure that doesn't happen or if it does figure out the easiest/cheapest way to get to France and visit her.  Or move to France.  I think you are way too ahead of yourself, you dont really know anyone that well in just a month.

2 hours ago, ZebDed said:

I absolutely agree, but what if these feelings of lust grow (which is possible)? What then, in 3 months time?..

How about you stop with her.

It's only been one month.  You know she is leaving to go back.

Stop now... so you two can work on accepting this won't last.

You find so many ways to not enjoy dating this woman! It's kind of amazing.

She won't vanish off the planet in 3 months. You can continue dating her and see how it goes.

And for the love of Pete, try to stop finding things to stress out about! You're going to drive her away with your anxiety and fear if you don't figure out a way to relax and enjoy.

4 hours ago, boltnrun said:

You find so many ways to not enjoy dating this woman! It's kind of amazing.

She won't vanish off the planet in 3 months. You can continue dating her and see how it goes.

And for the love of Pete, try to stop finding things to stress out about! You're going to drive her away with your anxiety and fear if you don't figure out a way to relax and enjoy.

I need to read this, and reread it many times over. 

I definitely need to stop behaving like this. I don’t act like this when I’m with her, that’s why I’m here anonymously on a dating advice forum. 

So, Zeb, is she actually going to become a flatmate with you and your friends? 

19 hours ago, ZebDed said:

I really like her, things are going great (at least that's how I feel).

Well then, see how things develop over the next couple of months.  Maybe you will change your mind, maybe she will change her mind.  No way of telling.

6 minutes ago, LaHermes said:

So, Zeb, is she actually going to become a flatmate with you and your friends? 

Well then, see how things develop over the next couple of months.  Maybe you will change your mind, maybe she will change her mind.  No way of telling.

Initially a couple of my friends wanted to move to a flat together. Then another guy said he wanted to, and then the girl I’m dating. 

We’ll be in separate rooms of course. 

Archived