I want to look mature

I am a 28 years old guy. I am 5'11" and 150lb with a lean body, not much macho. I prefer short haircut, clean shaved face. I wear spectacles. I have a tall face.

The problem is my face looks much younger, than my actual age, particularly when I am cleanly shaved and with a trimmed hair. I need to look matured. I prefer to look matured. So please suggest me some steps regarding this. I have noticed that my looks improve if I don't shave for 2-3 days at a stretch. But thereafter it looks ugly. If anyone can come out with any more ideas, I will be thankful.

Maybe you can try to wear contacts for a while. It really depends on the person. My sister looks younger wearing spectacles, and I look much older

So we both prefer to wear lenses to look our real age

A different haircut can also help.

Do you think you look younger than you are, or do others think so?

Ilse.

I have this problem sometimes myself. I'm 23, but without my glasses I could pass for 16 if I wanted to.

A change of wardobe might be in order. If you're wearing buttoned down shirts and ties, I doubt people will think you're very young. On the other hand, I don't know how formal you're prepared to look. Depending on where you live it might make you stick out like a sore thumb.

A change of vocabulary might achieve the desired affect. You might not look older, but you'll sound it. That's where I am. I am 23, look like I'm 16, and sound like I'm 30. But then again, I've sounded like I was 30 since I was 15. I talk the way I type. When I first got onto the internet when I was 15, no one guessed my age to be anything less than 30 when I was in chat rooms. I even had someone guess I was in my 50's!

There are a few very mature young people like that on this site actually...

Dress the part. If you really want to look older, wear pleated pants and dress shoes. As for your physical appearance, you could gain some weight. Generally, older people are a bit heavier (but 28 is still relatively young). I don't really see a youthful appearance as a disadvantage - it's actually an advantage to have, especially when you really ARE older. Good luck with this.

• 1 year later...

I'm not a guy...but I feel your pain. I'm 23 and was on staff for this teen retreat for my internship where there were other groups as well. I definitely got hit on by a 14 year old! Oy....

Like others said...dressing the part helps a lot. So does having that confidence of a more mature person. For example, there's a guy in my office who people guessed was a lot older than he is just because he acts confident.

WEll personally I like a clean shaven guy... and nothing wrong with being lean... much better than being overweight!

I don't think you should start dressing like a grandpa in pleated trousers either! You are 28 , not 78!! I'm nearly 30 and none of my guy friends wear pleated pants, even at the workplace!

WEll personally I like a clean shaven guy... and nothing wrong with being lean... much better than being overweight!

Glad to hear that for once, I'm not at all a scrawny guy, I'm 200lbs and muscular but it seems a lot of girls like the teddy bear (fat) look. What gives?

Glad to hear that for once, I'm not at all a scrawny guy, I'm 200lbs and muscular but it seems a lot of girls like the teddy bear (fat) look. What gives?

200 pounds and muscular and no facial hair? You sound divine!

I certainly don't like the teddy bear look!!! I may be making a generalisation here, but I suspect that girls who don't care that their guy has a soft tummy, probably have a soft tummy themselves!