Advice relationship difficult time

kevinV2

So in March my girlfriend (20 years) cheated on me (21 years) by flirting with someone else via text. I forgave her for that but not everything feels difficult. i have said 1 week after i forgave her that i feel like she isn't putting in the effort to make it better. but now she is feeling down for 2 days for a reason she doesn't know and yesterday we talked and I said again that i feel like she isn't putting in the work, but she said she isn't in the mood to talk about it. but today she is also feeling down and she tried to break up with me because she feels that she can't give me what I want, we talked about it and we are still together

what should i do now?

sorry for my bad english!

She is right, it's time to break up. 

Her flirting with soemone else was your (and her) indication that she has lost interest in you and wants to expolore other options. Her lack of effort in fixing things is because she doesn't want to fix things. 

She wants out. It's pointless to try to stay together when she doesn't really want to be there. It hurts, but she is already out the door. 

54 minutes ago, kevinV2 said:

today she is also feeling down and she tried to break up with me because she feels that she can't give me what I want, we talked about it and we are still together.

Sorry this happened. Yes breakup. It's best for both of you. You are trying to control her and she's trying to leave, let her.  Why are you policing her phone? No trust = no relationship.

When you tell someone you forgive them, it means that you forgive them without continuing to come at that person with antagonism and angst. This all depends on how much you actually do forgive her. No one will fault you for ending this relationship permanently but you should decide that instead of miserably accusing each other of not being good enough. 

If she wants to break up with you, respectfully acknowledge that and stop pursuing her.

Don't take it out on each other anymore. This is passive aggressive, angry and there's not enough love there. Both of you can be free to figure out what makes you both happy and learn when behaviours are toxic and unhealthy enough to end a relationship for good. 

On 3/28/2021 at 2:12 PM, kevinV2 said:

cheated on me (21 years) by flirting with someone else via text.

If a BF accused me of of 'cheating' because my texts were 'flirty,' then I'd encourage him to exit.

Either I'm trusted, or I'm not.

If I'm trusted, the problem doesn't exist. If not, then I don't belong in the relationship.

So you've basically told this woman that you are out.

What more is there for her to know?

Archived