We could be friends ?

copperjug

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to reply, to answer some questions asked / theories posed

I'm not looking to date again

I would be fine financially if I left

Food for thought in some of your responses and some ideas for moving forward - thanks again

Wisewoman2 I will follow up on "Grey Divorce"

Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to reply, to answer some questions asked / theories posed

Food for thought in some of your responses and some ideas for moving forward - thanks again

What does any of that actually mean? Are you going to stay? Are you going to leave? Food for thought? What kinds of thoughts has your thread evoked in you, Copper?

The key is money. If you would be financially fine if you left and if you want to travel with him (separate rooms?), dine out together and have a buddy, ask him if he's willing to be your post-divorce friend. Some couples are friends post-divorce.

If he's not willing to be your friend, there are plenty of friends out there in this world.

Be strong. You don't always need a live in person with you in order to feel whole and complete.

Never allow yourself to be stuck in an unhappy marriage if you have choices. Never make yourself feel entrapped. This was my sister's grave mistake. :upset:

Why don't you have sex anymore?

Is it because he cheated 20 years ago?

Or are you just meh about sex?

How about seeing a doctor -- using some lubricant or a hormonal cream? WHy not *try* to get the intimacy back? there are plenty of women in their 50s and 60s and even 70s who are having a hot sex life with their husband - maybe not like they did at 21 years old, but they have not closed off that part of life.

He loves you, but isn't "in love" - but is he that way because you are meh and don't put work into the marriage anymore either?

When someone stops reciprocating and has one foot out the door - its sometimes hard for the other person to stay in love

No amount of sex now will fix his enjoyment regarding the company of women, his affair, more flings and his unfaithfulness through the years. Those are all major deal breakers! :upset:

If he wants a friend, tell him to get a dog.

You have money to leave. Therefore, get your own flat. Ditch the bum. Get another friend and / or traveling buddy.

Archived