Open Club  ·  95 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

Apparently from what my husband was saying my father-in-law thought he was in the first house that they bought when they came to Canada . Not the house they were in for 40 years . I guess he has gone back to when he was like 30 years old.

But the hospital keeping him sedated is not helping his brain function. If they don’t have him sedated they can’t help him or he will beat the heck out of people or escape .

I'm sorry to hear how bad things are. I hope he gets the care he needs and not need to be sedated much longer, however it is for his own and others safety.

You're strong, you've got this. Keep looking after yourself and be a rock for your hubby and soon. Sending positive thoughts to you and your family. Much love, butters xx

Thank you Butters .

I'm sorry to hear how bad things are. I hope he gets the care he needs and not need to be sedated much longer, however it is for his own and others safety.

You're strong, you've got this. Keep looking after yourself and be a rock for your hubby and soon. Sending positive thoughts to you and your family. Much love, butters xx

My intense grief seems to have abated for an now. I feel somewhat better. I know there will be ups and downs . We are going down next Saturday for a visit.

My father-in-law will be getting a room at the behaviour section of the senior’s hospital as soon as there’s a bed for him .

Is it too much to ask people to be trustworthy these days? I am super disappointed in J. 😞My husband is not impressed. We accepted them as family and had them to dinners and took them everywhere and he took her daughters to games in Toronto etc. I drive them and we go to movies in the next town so her daughter can go free. This fall she wants to go to this super big farmer’s market 4 hours away. Um, no. She probably has guessed all that is out now. And rightly so. I am not putting myself out. I feel so disrespected.

Yesterday we went to visit my in-laws. My MIL was doing better than I ever expected. She was walking great and had almost no pain. My FIL it was so so sad.😓😞 They have him restrained to the bed because he tries to escape and he hits people . He hits the nurses. He was also begging to go home and then he starts cursing at you. I started to cry so I had to leave the room to not upset him.

My resentment has abated but I don’t think we will be as close as we were. I don’t know, but I just can’t with friends. Family I allow many chances. Friends you probably get 2 max. After that I will be polite but don’t expect me to care. She still handed me a save the date for her daughter’s wedding ( Easter Weekend). I get that people’s family comes first I do but you screwed me for this wedding and you want me to come??? You screwed me so you could pay $600 for a DJ . 🤷🏻♀️

Sh*t I could have handed you $600. My dunno. 🤷🏻♀️

It is sad because my husband hasn’t spoken to her since . He was one of her biggest fans and thought she was an awesome friend . We had included her and her daughter who lives with her as part of the family . He feels betrayed as well. He’s usually not one to hold a grudge though that’s more my department , but he hasn’t even said hi to her.

Hubby and I are taking a trip on the anniversary of the 30th Anniversary of our first date . I have always wanted to drive around Algonquin Park to see the leaves in the Fall. We booked a hotel and are taking the trip . ❤️💏

We have also decided to start a YouTube channel of our adventures.