Manager came onto me then went cold

Birdygirl85

Birdy, not only is this man married, he was also your manager!

I work in law, employment law, and his behavior was so highly inappropriate, he could and should have been fired!

I mean blatantly flirting and hugging you in front of co-workers? What the ****!

Someone reported him, which was probably why you were transferred, although they'd never tell you that.

He was also most likely warned by his superiors that if he did not nip his inappropriate behavior in the bud, like NOW, he'd be terminated.

It is completely unethical and unacceptable for a manager to flirt, "come on to" and date a subordinate, and being married he sounds like a total tool.

Not sure what you were thinking either, obviously you weren't thinking, I mean crying to him about your problems? Come on now, you should know better, he was your boss!.

Leave this turkey alone, get your divorce and look to date guys who aren't your married boss!

One of the senior managers at my work left what was essentially a "love note" for someone in my department who I supervise. I reported it because I felt it was inappropriate. He had been talking about wanting to bypass the usual process and promote this young woman, which would have been even more inappropriate. He's now dialed it WAY back because I presume he doesn't want to lose his job.

This manager may have been talked to about his inappropriate behavior. Maybe he decided his career was more important than some extramarital fun.

OP nothing about your posts suggest that he is anything more than mildly attracted to you.... and is clearly not willing to jeopardize his marriage or his job by acting on it.

I suggest gathering up the threads of your dignity and walking away before you jeopardize your own career by making a fool of yourself.

Archived