Smirking and making eye contact?

Lilamariah

She then said she’d smirked in the past - this time he was the only smirker.

Well okay, then he flirted. :p

I think it's clear he's attracted (as is she); whether that attraction results in him asking her out (or her asking him out) is anyone's guess.

They work together and personally I have vowed to never become romantically involved with a co-worker again, although I realize for some it does work, long term.

Like I said ...smirk is nothing positive, lol.

Yeah, lol I can see how you could come to that conclusion and you're probably right.

I guess my rationale for thinking it was a silly smile, a flirt, is because the def says smug, conceited or silly.

I may be reading that incorrectly though, who the hell knows but I see your point!

The textbook definition of “smirk” is negative. But, I “smirked” at him the first time we ever made eye contact when he told me to have a good day because I thought he was attractive. It was totally subconscious. And he gave me that exact same look months later first when I was talking about coming in on my day off of work. So I think it can be positive too depending on the situation. It’s just hard to tell sometimes because if somebody wants to believe something bad enough they’ll believe it, like wisemen said, it’s my mind playing tricks on me. Oh, and he’s a supervisor...yea he’s a jerk sometimes but I think it’s his authority and the chase that makes me so attracted.

The textbook definition of “smirk” is negative. But, I “smirked” at him the first time we ever made eye contact when he told me to have a good day because I thought he was attractive. It was totally subconscious. And he gave me that exact same look months later first when I was talking about coming in on my day off of work. So I think it can be positive too depending on the situation. It’s just hard to tell sometimes because if somebody wants to believe something bad enough they’ll believe it, like wisemen said, it’s my mind playing tricks on me. Oh, and he’s a supervisor...yea he’s a jerk sometimes but I think it’s his authority and the chase that makes me so attracted.

Yes- so it's not his personality which is what you claimed you were attracted to - it's his status as the boss and the thrill of the chase -nothing to do with him as a person or his personality. If you smirked "subconsciously" then make sure you're far more in control of your facial expressions and body language when you are at work especially in today's world. If you don't really want the job, get another job and ask him out and have fun with your bad boy.

Late to this thread and haven't read all of the replies, but, it sounds like his 'smirk' as you call it could mean that he finds you attractive or is attracted to certain parts of you.

Whether it was a smirk, smile, etc., you may have caught his eye on this particular occasion because you were wearing a low-cut top. I mean, he's a guy and not blind, so...

Most men are going to peek I would think, even if subconsciously. It's just human nature.

Hard to say whether you just caught him smirking/smiling because he was attracted in that moment, or if he was just being friendly, or whether there's any genuine interest there.

Either way, if he's a supervisor at your workplace, I'd avoid 'making a move' or showing any interest in him romantically. We all know that mixing business with pleasure or attempting to do so is a recipe for disaster.

Archived