Dumped because of infidelity 20 years ago

Well you can all grab this chance to kick a man while he's down.

I decided today to reach out to my ex. A simple text saying I had been thinking about her and how was she doing.

No reply whatsoever. I am allowed to think that's harsh. I know you will all say otherwise, but it is.

would never do that....

try not to beat yourself up is more like it.

we can never really know why a person does the things they do.

but you did that, because you care. and that is actually a nice thing, a good thing... unfortunately some people simply do not deserve it.

keeping moving on with your own life. endure this experience and save yourself for good days ahead.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's fine to reach out. You put the energy out there that you want—that's important. Her lack of response is also important—it shows you where she is right now, who she is, which is simply unreachable for reasons you can't know. At some point you'll see that directing that energy toward her is not rewarding: it drains where you need to be filled. Some people need to be fully drained before they're ready to move on—I'm one of those people—and moments like this ultimately help with that process.

I did get a reply a day later.

In my message I just asked how she was and said I'd been thinking about her a lot.

She replied saying she had been thinking about me a lot too and asked how I was. I replied saying I was ok, then tried to start up a light conversation with a couple of questions about her and her dog and mentioned something very unusual that was happening at my work that day.

I got nothing back. She just shut down the conversation again.

Archived