I hope this is normal

MysticDream

I'm a very shy girl and I usually keep to myself. Anytime I get a boyfriend is when my sexual side starts coming out because I've never been the type of woman to go out and have sex or do one night stands. I hope this normal, but yet at the same time I feel shameful and I have no idea why. Anytime my boyfriend talks to me over the phone, I can't help but get sexually aroused and think of him. The moment I hear his voice I get aroused and I just recently discovered that I get aroused when he says, "Good Girl." This is something I'm now picking up and I know there's others who gets aroused by this too. It took a lot of courage for me to post this up because I usually keep things to myself, I just needed to get this off of my chest and hope that all of this is perfectly normal.

Just don't get pregnant. Go to your local Planned Parenthood or your family doctor and get yourself on birth control or some other form of protection from pregnancy. INSIST he wear a condom at every sex session you have. Take this a future advice if you're not currently having intercourse.

Your thoughts and desires are quite normal so don't let Dad make you feel guilty. How old are you, MysticDream and is your boyfriend close in age range to you? (sorry if I missed it).

• 3 weeks later...

It's perfectly normal! It's shouldn't be something "Boys dream of". It's just considered that it is due to the suppressing of female sexuality we have been experiencing throughout time. Especially due to religion.

One thing that does happen in strictly religious families or just plain strict families, is that due to their usually short conversations about sex ("It's a sin, end of story"), children tend to be uninformed about sex and relationships. Try to educate yourself if you fall into this category, now that you are coming out of your shell as you say. Not only around sex and safety, but around relationships and how sex can cloud your judgement etc.

Have fun with your bf, everything seems fine and normal!

Also, the term "good girl" is found frequently in a Dom (dominant) - Sub (submissive) type of relationship which is a part of BDSM. Don't be frightened, it's perfectly normal as long as you read up on it and figure out what you are ok with and what not. You might be a submissive type, which is great, but again, read up and set your boundaries.Important note, if you enjoy being submissive, this does not mean you have to be submissive outside the bedroom, so don't tolerate men who do not respect that.

Take care!!

Archived