She needs space. Says that I am pushing

Smw23xx

This is a message that my ex sent to me.

"I got the message. And i understand that. I just feel like I’m being backed into a corner. Let me come back on my own time. You cannot push me. You cannot force me"

Now yes I know you can't push or force someone. My story isn't really long. All that I did was break up with her out of frustration and my god I kept trying to show her that I care and to me I was fighting. To her I was pushing and forceful with my attempts.

I feel alone because I am asking strangers for advice. Would someone explain, like if you received this from your ex. Would you feel hope? Would you feel like you are being strung along? Or would you feel like you have lost all your chances?

I would respect her wishes.

You broke up with her so do as she asked and let her come back as she stated on her own time. She may have to work out some things for herself.

Her message is clear she feels as though she is being backed into a corner which is never good. If you don't do as she asks and give her time she may be gone for good.

If I asked someone to give me some time and they couldn't do that small thing for me I would feel as though they did not respect me or my wishes which would factor into my decision regarding continuing a relationship with them.

How do I know if she will come back? That's a long stretch. I have no idea if she even wants to come back. She's not obligated to tell me.

You don't know. It can't be just about what you want to happen. You have to respect her enough to do as she ask and give her time.

I have taken space and gave her time. Few days here and there time. I know it's not about what I want. I know she wanted me too but my constant pestering has pushed her away and I don't blame her. I'm just a straight up person. I feel like if someone is done then they should just say it..not give false hope.

I have taken space and gave her time. Few days here and there time. I know it's not about what I want. I know she wanted me too but my constant pestering has pushed her away and I don't blame her. I'm just a straight up person. I feel like if someone is done then they should just say it..not give false hope.

Apparently not enough time has passed for her. She may not be giving you false hope. Just trying to figure things out before she speaks out of turn like you did when you dumped her. Again, give her time and let her contact you. Time here and there as you stated is NOT respecting her wishes which can be a big problem.

This is a message that my ex sent to me.

"I got the message. And i understand that. I just feel like I’m being backed into a corner. Let me come back on my own time. You cannot push me. You cannot force me"

Her message is loud and clear and you refuse to listen. Respect her wishes and leave her alone. Back off and stay off. When, and IF she is ever ready to contact you, she will.

A few days here and there is not giving her space, OP.

Take a huge step back and stop contacting her. She is evidently very frustrated with you. She will contact if you if and when she chooses, and there's no way to know if she will ever be back. But what you are doing now is not helping your chances at all.

As someone else said, don't break up with someone out of frustration next time. There are some things that just can't be undone, and an impulsive break-up is one of them.

Archived