My best friend and my ex slept together

Me and my ex broke up dec 2016, we were together for 6 years and he was emotionally abusive.

When we broke up our friend told me i was doing the right thing and should respect myself, she asked me if i wanted her to not speak to him again, I ofcourse told her I couldn’t ask that of her.

Last year now she broke up with her boyfriend from 8 years and Became lonely, started to rely on alcohol to feel happy, so she spent her nights going out drinking with my ex,

He asked her out and she told me she said no for a few reasons, for the way he treated me and the way he’d now act around me

Were two very big ones.

But a week later she got drunk before the night out and encouraged him to stay the night, they had sex.

She claimed she felt so disgusted she wanted to give up drinking, but then went to his birthday do, a few days later and got drunk with him and cuddled up to him.

Its after all this, she told me she couldnt keep it in anymore, i told her i think she has a drinking problem and needs to stop, in order to respect herself,

She said she agreed but didnt change a thing.

I told her it actually upset me shes still allowing him to flirt and try to get into her knickers, and shes acting like shes never heard of flirting before.

I told her i feel like seeing him is risking our friendship, and shes told me she understood but to back off her life

I told know what else to do, i dont want to walk away

She sounds as though she is emotionally abusive towards you too. She is NOT a friend and I wonder if she told you about this because she felt bad or because she wanted to hurt you. She hasn't stopped hanging out with him so I'm thinking she wanted to hurt you. They both are emotionally abusive. People are not friends just because you have known them a long time. She wouldn't be a friend of mine.

Did you dump him or did he dump you? If you left him or if it was mutual then he’s fair game. If he left you then she should stay away from him. Basically you don’t get to dump him and then get all butt hurt when he moves on with whoever.

Would you have sex with your friend's ex?

Did you dump him or did he dump you? If you left him or if it was mutual then he’s fair game. If he left you then she should stay away from him. Basically you don’t get to dump him and then get all butt hurt when he moves on with whoever.

Welp, according to this logic, OP you should be ok with your ex possibly sleeping with your mother too. If you have any sisters, then they're also fair game -_-

Don't agree. It's sleazy!

No, that's a rule you should have left in high school. Friends don't date or sleep with your former love connections. Who broke up with whom isn't really relevant.

Absolute nonsense

As for the topic, personally I stopped speaking to a good friend of mine years ago when I found out they tried it on with an ex of mine and never bothered with him again, its a line you do not cross

• 2 weeks later...

They belong together. You are too good a friend and gf to associate with these types.

Me and my ex broke up dec 2016, we were together for 6 years and he was emotionally abusive.But a week later she got drunk before the night out and encouraged him to stay the night, they had sex.

Archived