My patience with him has run out

cllco3

I posted here a couple months ago about my LDR bf who would occasionally ignore me for 2-3 days. I thought I would break up with him and I did but that only lasted a few hours. He always claimed that he was busy studying which is why he wouldn't talk to me. Two Saturdays ago he sent me a voice note saying that the exams were keeping him on a low and that the following week he'd be going home so he'd talk to me most of the time. He had his end of year exams last week. During that whole week he didn't text me at all or even to say he'd have his phone off during exams. Exams are over and he still hasn't texted me. It's been 10 days now. My feelings for him are running out. I'm seriously tired of waiting around for him to wake up. I'm always waiting for him but I don't think I wanna wait anymore. I feel like I'm being taken for granted. Since he hasn't texted, should I text him to break up or secretly ghost him, when he comes back I won't be there?

.....He has already ghosted you from the sounds of it.....so in your shoes I'd just delete his info and move on. It's over and been over for awhile already. Honestly, after being treated like this I wouldn't even respond to anything he has to say IF he ever has the balls to reach out again. Have some self respect OP.

Hate to say it, but you obviously aren't all that important to this guy.

I think you should break up just to make it official so you can move on. Don't play these games of "ghosting." Just tell him that you are going to move on and try to find someone who has a little more time for you, and don't give him another chance if he asks for one. You've done that already and he blew it. Nobody is too busy to take five minutes to shoot out a quick "hey" text or to give a goodnight call.

Based on your last thread and this one, your boyfriend is just not into this relationship. You've only been together around 6 months, correct?

It shouldn't be this hard to get your own boyfriend to communicate with you, particularly when the relationship is still new. People make time for what's important to them. He's not making time for you, and hasn't been for quite a while.

This relationship has run its course.

I posted here a couple months ago about my LDR bf who would occasionally ignore me for 2-3 days. I thought I would break up with him and I did but that only lasted a few hours. He always claimed that he was busy studying which is why he wouldn't talk to me. Two Saturdays ago he sent me a voice note saying that the exams were keeping him on a low and that the following week he'd be going home so he'd talk to me most of the time. He had his end of year exams last week. During that whole week he didn't text me at all or even to say he'd have his phone off during exams. Exams are over and he still hasn't texted me. It's been 10 days now. My feelings for him are running out. I'm seriously tired of waiting around for him to wake up. I'm always waiting for him but I don't think I wanna wait anymore. I feel like I'm being taken for granted. Since he hasn't texted, should I text him to break up or secretly ghost him, when he comes back I won't be there?

Been there, done that w/a LDR and I've come to the conclusion, that kind of behavior isn't worth it. The LDR guy would forget to call and sometimes wouldn't text me for an entire day. My current bf is local, much busier then the guy I dated and still manages to text me quite a bit during the day. I would leave, this isn't worth your time or emotions, 10 days w/out a single text/call is ridiculous!

You say the breakup only lasted a couple of hours. What did he say to you that convinced you that he'd not be so indifferent to you if you took him back... or, was it you that asked him to come back?

I agree with everyone else though... you should just call an end to this and do it by telling him goodbye. Ghosting is not going to give you the closure you need to get yourself to the blissful stage of indifference to him like you deciding it's over will.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your input. He texted me with his mom's phone saying that his phone isn't working. He only wrote like 1 message a day for 3 days just replying to the texts I sent him. I haven't heard from him since the 5th. He's not making any effort to call. I know his phone isn't working but if he used his mom's to text me he can sure borrow it to call right? I've already started letting him go..first by deleting all of his pictures and I blocked his number. I'm thinking about calling his sister and ask to talk to him just so I can make it official. The only problem is there's a part of me that's hoping that maybe there's an explanation 😩

You say the breakup only lasted a couple of hours. What did he say to you that convinced you that he'd not be so indifferent to you if you took him back... or, was it you that asked him to come back?

I agree with everyone else though... you should just call an end to this and do it by telling him goodbye. Ghosting is not going to give you the closure you need to get yourself to the blissful stage of indifference to him like you deciding it's over will.

When I told him I'm leaving him he begged me to stay. I felt guilty thinking that maybe I was pressuring him during his exams. That's why I stayed.

When I told him I'm leaving him he begged me to stay. I felt guilty thinking that maybe I was pressuring him during his exams. That's why I stayed.

I'm hoping you didn't stay, the guy I dated freaked out the 1st time I came down on him for crappy communication and promised to change. Don't feel guilty, he could have warned ahead of time that he was super busy, then again you won't ignore someone you care about for days. He will treat you the same somewhere down the road.

Archived