We were deeply in love, but why

I've been single like for my entire life, always had crushes but mostly doesn't last long, mostly cause i've been rejected even before confessing. The moment when i felt all lost and confused, i met the guy who changed me. We just met once and clicked. The first guy i felt so confortable with. It was still our first date. I was confused at first whether i like him or just that he made me feel special. I didnt think much through it and just went with the flow thinking we'd probably not meet again. This is because i've been completely ignored after two date from a guy i had a crush online, who i was very close with. So this time i mad sure to not have any crazy thoughts. But i did felt some butterflies when we were together the whole time. We just talked and talked the whole day, i never looked at my phone for the first time in hours. It was fun talking to him. Fast forward after the date, he sent me home. We texted whole night and all of a suddenly we started our relationship. I tried to make sure if he was serious, before saying yes. He was single for a really really long time, a decade. We're 6 years apart, not much of the age gap, right? I'm still a student, he's already a working adult. I thought it would last long. We made our relationship official with our fb friends and all. His relatives also knew about us. Everyone congratulated us. He was the sweetest and most caring darling. Most people were envious of how sweet we were when we just met but it all ended in a week. We were all so sweet and in love. He waited for me whole night to go for dinner at midnight cause i had an event. He waited patiently for almost 3 hours. He was still all so sweet with me in front of my friends. But it all ended the next day. He texted saying to end it. He lied saying there's another girl when i asked him if there's any girl, but i know he was lying. The next day after so many text which he didnt replied to, he finally told me that he was not used to it, he's not used to having a partner. He prefers being alone. I was truly shocked. It felt like he was using me to test himself. But for all i know, his love was not fake, it was very sincere. I knew it, i just know. He was not like other guys i knew before. Finally after almost two weeks i told him that he could've told me earlier, we could take it slowly, blah blah or he was just using me, then he finally replied. He said that at this moment he doesn't know what he wants and said it was wrong of him to run away from reality. All i told him was i hope he'd change his mind and i still love him. Previously he did say if i'm still on the same topic, he'll block me, but he didn't and still replies. He's someone that's obssesed with games and plays game all the time, so with me around i'm sure he couldn't handle with playing game or entertaining me. I know that he loves game..., even tho our relatinship was short, we knew almost everything about each other, i know it's dumb to believe this but i really hope he meant when he said he wants to marry me. eventhough he is not as good looking as other men, i would choose him again over anyone. i know i sound stupid but i hope that he'll change his mind one day. I really hope so...but i have no idea how do i ask him out again, i plan to maybe after a month but, i don't know how and what to say to make him agree. This break up was just cause of him not being used to having a partner, is this normal? few of my guy friends said eventhough they love a girl, they don't wanna date them cause they are not ready to be committed....Is there any way i could do to try to make him change his mind? if he really loves me...

make him agree

You can't. He would have to come to that conclusion on his own. No amount of texting, begging, or questioning him will make him want you back. He's made his choice to walk away. I think you need to go NC, heal, and move on. You'll find someone again. Work on yourself in the meantime.

The first cut is always the deepest. I feel for you.

Why would you want a guy who loves to play games?

Because I'm a little unclear on the timeline: how long had you actually known him before agreeing to be a in relationship? It sounds as though this all happened in an extremely short period of time. You were only officially together for a week?

Why would you want a guy who loves to play games?

Because I'm a little unclear on the timeline: how long had you actually known him before agreeing to be a in relationship? It sounds as though this all happened in an extremely short period of time. You were only officially together for a week?

I believe she is saying he is a gamer.

Don't be hating just because he is a gamer, there are a lot of us out there.

If he said he doesn't like being in a relationship then your just SOL. He might love you, but that statement means he loves himself more. He likes how his last 10 years have been and doesn't want to adjust to a gf.

I know a couple of guys like that. They are also pretty hardcore gamers.

Without a timeline of events it is hard to judge his intentions. If this happened over a few month or a few years drastically changes my opinion.

I'm confused too.

You went on one date, agreed to be in a relationship, met all his family and friends and he met yours, then he ended it...all in the space of a week? And in that week you fell in love and discussed marriage?

"We made our relationship official with our fb friends and all. His relatives also knew about us. Everyone congratulated us. He was the sweetest and most caring darling. Most people were envious of how sweet we were when we just met but it all ended in a week."

I believe she is saying he is a gamer.

Don't be hating just because he is a gamer, there are a lot of us out there.

If he said he doesn't like being in a relationship then your just SOL. He might love you, but that statement means he loves himself more. He likes how his last 10 years have been and doesn't want to adjust to a gf.

I know a couple of guys like that. They are also pretty hardcore gamers.

Without a timeline of events it is hard to judge his intentions. If this happened over a few month or a few years drastically changes my opinion.

I wasn't. I interpreted "loves to play games" completely differently. I figured she meant "games" to mean "mind games".

OP, can you clarify?

• 3 months later...
I wasn't. I interpreted "loves to play games" completely differently. I figured she meant "games" to mean "mind games".

OP, can you clarify?

A gamer, he's addicted to playing games. but i'm okay now, finally found someone who loves me more than i love myself been together for two months now and he treats me like a princess

Archived