End of the day, they're trying to help you bc they're concerned. And rightly so. Your bf disappeared. You should be worried and trying to find out what's happened.

Just so you know. lots of married men have online gfs. It's not hard to go into another room to talk. It's easy to fake an identity, esp since you haven't even skyped him?

Hmmm...Good luck I guess. =/

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
End of the day, they're trying to help you bc they're concerned. And rightly so. Your bf disappeared. You should be worried and trying to find out what's happened.

Just so you know. lots of married men have online gfs. It's not hard to go into another room to talk. It's easy to fake an identity, esp since you haven't even skyped him?

Hmmm...Good luck I guess. =/

This.

It's time to stop deceiving yourself into believing this was a relationship, OP. It's very clearly not.

Forget him so you can move on and practice healthier relationship strategies. This was never going to be what you hoped it would and he is making it clear he's not interested in keeping up the charade anymore either.

Not heard a peep.

The messages/phone convos leads me to believe he was being honest. His wife (should she exist) must be a very heavy sleeper and not very observant. The pic issue was resolved. His work/previous ongoing education was far too important, yet boring (unless you are in that industry) to make up. Plus it's the little things that made him honest. The devil is in the detail. I've already explained this aspect numerous times.

Additionally, I've encountered more Catfish than I can count. When confronted they usually block/delete you or become abusive/obnoxious. They do NOT provide answers. For example, I've just been chatting to a male model 9 years younger than me. How do I know he's a model without even checking pics? Well, it's just obvious from conversation. Their job has the mundane aspects everyone elses job has. They don't tend to 'big' it up. They talk about their pets/fave films/life just like anyone else.

MissCanuck, I will not just snap a pic of myself, videochat, give alternative contact options out to guys. If guys push for verification pics, I block them. Most guys think I'm a catfish, or at my age married/have kids. I say I don't. It's the truth, even though statistically it's highly unlikely. Does that make me dodgy? I can guarantee that if some guy wrote about me online you would say I'm a catfish/married/criminal/hiding something.

As you and LaHermes seem to have invested yourselves into a detective tag team, yet you both know I'm not going to put further, specific detail online regarding this, please feel free to PM me and I will answer any queries you have as best I can.

Or just let it lie. Up to you.

Well, considering you consider this to be a relationship, then yes, that would make you dodgy too. It's very suspicious when a couple has never live-chatted with each other. I know you're tying very hard to convince yourself it's not, and that you would do the same, but I don't believe that.

I think you want to see what your boyfriend actually looks like. I think it hurts you a lot not knowing who's really on the other end of the phone, and that you own boyfriend won't show his face to you live. I believe it drives you crazy having to come up with excuse after excuse and not having any idea where this person has disappeared to. What do you friends and family make of this?

It's not how I would chose to spend my valuable time and emotional energy. But, that's your choice to make.

Archived