please explain this behaviour

moomin1

We were fighting, i said some mean stuff, he snapped, said he didn't want to be with me anymore, but then didn't want me to leave after.

these are some very confusing mixed signals. we have been on the rocks for a few months after a breakdown of trust and have therefor been arguing quite a bit. the longer the arguments have been persistent, the less patience he has had for my emotional reactions (crying).

he is an avoidant personality type. i am an anxious personality type.

the main thing that is bugging me, is that during this fight where he stated that he doesn't want to be with me anymore, that he can't do this fighting anymore. is then why would he go on to comforting me and hugging me for hours, while we watched a bloody film. . . and when i said something nice to him at about 4 hours later he then said "i still cant be in this relationship anymore"

i got upset, tried to leave. and he didn't want me to because "its the middle of the night" (i live five minutes away)

I left at 2.am.

its been a 6 days, he still hasn't contacted me.

what is going on

We were fighting, i said some mean stuff, he snapped, said he didn't want to be with me anymore, but then didn't want me to leave after.

these are some very confusing mixed signals. we have been on the rocks for a few months after a breakdown of trust and have therefor been arguing quite a bit. the longer the arguments have been persistent, the less patience he has had for my emotional reactions (crying).

he is an avoidant personality type. i am an anxious personality type.

the main thing that is bugging me, is that during this fight where he stated that he doesn't want to be with me anymore, that he can't do this fighting anymore. is then why would he go on to comforting me and hugging me for hours, while we watched a bloody film. . . and when i said something nice to him at about 4 hours later he then said "i still cant be in this relationship anymore"

i got upset, tried to leave. and he didn't want me to because "its the middle of the night" (i live five minutes away)

I left at 2.am.

its been a 6 days, he still hasn't contacted me.

what is going on

said he didn't want to be with me anymore,
said he didn't want to be with me anymore,
He said that twice only the second time he actually said:
I still can't be in this relationship anymore.

What is going on

He broke up with you, that's what is going on. He broke up with you due to whatever trust issues going on have caused the two of you to lose your emotional connection and the only way you know how to relate now (it would seem) is through animosity.

He's giving you the gift of zero contact (so it seems) so that you can get over him and he can get over you. He comforted you when he wouldn't let you leave while upset... that is normal for anyone who isn't a sociopath to do.

What caused the trust issues?

i have contacted him and asked if we can talk, he is coming to meet me after work later
What do you expect to happen due to this "talk?"

Archived