feeling left out from my boyfriend's life

pvelez

I tend not to write on these forums, but at this point I am desperate. My boyfriend and I have been dating for about two years. We both study in New England area, far away from home. On the summer, we both come back home until the next school semester. We had a major fallout last summer (2016) which ended up breaking up but later on reuniting. I have been working in my trust issues with him, since when we were broken up, he went out with a girl for those three months that we weren't together. It has not been easy, but I love him to death, and I believe he loves me dearly as well.

This summer, I have been feeling like he has been leaving me out of all his gatherings with his friends. I get it that boys need time with their friends, and I am totally up for that. But, sometimes his friends that have girlfriends also show up to the event, leaving me being the only girlfriend that is not there. He never invites me, and he always tells me that he is invited to everything he does, but I feel uncomfortable inviting myself to a place. I have communicated to him a hundred times that I need for him to invite me if he really wants me to be there, if not I'm not going. He hasn't invited me not a single event with his friends for us to hangout all together. Is he hiding me? Is he embarrassed of me? At this point I just feel sad that I am being left out... Am I being dramatic? What should I do?

But, sometimes his friends that have girlfriends also show up to the event, leaving me being the only girlfriend that is not there. He never invites me, and he always tells me that he is invited to everything he does, but I feel uncomfortable inviting myself to a place. I have communicated to him a hundred times that I need for him to invite me if he really wants me to be there, if not I'm not going. He hasn't invited me not a single event with his friends for us to hangout all together. Is he hiding me? Is he embarrassed of me? At this point I just feel sad that I am being left out... Am I being dramatic? What should I do?

No, you're not being dramatic. He is treating you like an afterthought. I think you should break up with him and find a better man.

what do you mean?

To begin with, he broke up with you because he didn't feel the same way about you anymore.

You may have reconciled but his actions are telling you the same thing he told you when he broke up with you.

You don't feel wanted and he doesn't act like he's really engaged in the relationship.

Based on the information you have you need to do something about it.

Archived