Put Me in a Bad Mood

Careerchoice

Cc, first off I respect and admire your dedication and passion for the cause but I am wondering, why did you deem it necessary to tell this woman you were going to a "gay" club?

I didn't. She asked what things I was getting into this weekend and I told her I would be going to a party at the club's name. I didn't mention anything about it being gay, although it is known that it is a gay club in the community.

I mean, why not just tell her you were going to this "cool" club. Or just a club?

If someone is homophobic, I don't want to run from that information. I wanna know. I'm not ashamed of this community either. I support them and I own it. I see no reason to hide this information.

But whenever we go there, I would never think to say "going to a 'gay' club," it's just a club! A fun club, a cool club, good music, whatevs, but why make a special point to say it was a "gay" club?

Doesn't differentiating it with the "gay" label perpetuate the very prejudice and social injustice you are fighting to eliminate?

For me, I am uncomfortable calling it a "gay" club even in this post!

I don't do this. We're not in disagreement. I don't like labels either.

Conservative straight white males. I oppose most, if not all, conservative political positions.

Not all straight white male that lean to the conservative side follow into that stereotype. I just think, like Katrina, that this labelling people and putting people against each other with name calling and labelling is stepping low as the racists, bigots and homophobics out there and it's harmful to the intent of defending minorities when they are unjustly treated. Maybe they are full of good intentions, but many people who say they are fighting for a better world also contribute for more division and hatred among groups.

I'm all for the normalization and acceptance of homosexuality in society (therefor I don't care if a club is gay or not, for me it's just a normal club), I just think that there are more diplomatic ways of reaching that point.

I appreciate your passion, but please don't let it ruin your day when someone doesn't respond the way you'd like like that girl.

Not all straight white male that lean to the conservative side follow into that stereotype.

Not my experience. They look remarkably uniform in their hate.

I just think, like Katrina, that this labelling people and putting people against each other with name calling and labelling is stepping low as the racists, bigots and homophobics out there and it's harmful to the intent of defending minorities when they are unjustly treated. Maybe they are full of good intentions, but many people who say they are fighting for a better world also contribute for more division and hatred among groups.

I'm all for the normalization and acceptance of homosexuality in society (therefor I don't care if a club is gay or not, for me it's just a normal club), I just think that there are more diplomatic ways of reaching that point.

We're just going to disagree on this issue of strategy. My view is that I don't put my arms around hate, I oppose it.

I appreciate your passion, but please don't let it ruin your day when someone doesn't respond the way you'd like like that girl.

Thank you.

Seems to me you are using some girl you are dating as a pretense for bashing 'conservative white males'. Not cool.

Pride kicked off in my city yesterday, and I'll be out there having fun. Doesn't mean I hate conservative folk.

So yeah.. If it's not ok to bash one group, what makes it ok to bash another?! Seems pretty extreme. Meanwhile, there are some actual real baddies out there.

Seems to me you are using some girl you are dating as a pretense for bashing 'conservative white males'. Not cool.

No my comment was aimed at that one poster.

So yeah.. If it's not ok to bash one group, what makes it ok to bash another?! Seems pretty extreme. Meanwhile, there are some actual real baddies out there.

Because only one seeks to oppress the other. And don't minimize the victims.

Archived